You are here

Arturia Analog Factory Experience - Can it be bought 'used' and registered to me?

For fans of synths, pianos or keyboard instruments of any sort.

Arturia Analog Factory Experience - Can it be bought 'used' and registered to me?

Postby NinjaPower » Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:07 am

Hi,

Got the chance to buy a used Arturia Analog Factory Experience soft synth complete with the USB 'synth' keyboard that allows you to tweak the sounds with knobs as though you were operating the real hardware synth. very cool: http://www.arturia.com/evolution/en/products/analog-factory-experience/intro.html

Anyway... Its cheap (£50 or so) but Its one of these annoying things that needs a USB security dongle plugged into your computer for it to work. I asked the guy selling it about this and he simply said "you will simply need to get another USB security dongle from Arturia for it to work" and wouldn't elaborate further.

So, will this work or am I wasting my time as it will be still 'registered' to him and his computer and I wont be able to use it despite buying it from him??

Anyone got any experience with this kind of thing?

cheers
NinjaPower
Regular

Re: Arturia Analog Factory Experience - Can it be bought 'used' and registered to me?

Postby Stephen Parker » Tue Feb 02, 2010 4:36 pm

The AFE works fine as a regular MIDI controller keyboard so isn't just limited to the Analog Factory software that it comes with.

If the guy you're buying it from has the licence on a Syncrosoft Key, he should transfer it to another key for you (you can buy one of these from a retailer - it's sold as Steinberg Key for about £20).

The newer versions use the elicenser version so don't require a key, but if this guy has it on a key already, a transfer will mean you don't need to register

Steve Parker
2twenty2
Stephen Parker
Regular