You are here

Synth repair in U.K

For fans of synths, pianos or keyboard instruments of any sort.

Re: Synth repair in U.K

Postby Peter Conz Connelly » Wed May 16, 2012 11:06 am

feline1 wrote:Hmm, well Trading Standards just sent me a standard email saying I should contact Citizen's Advice.

Citizens Advice then just sent me an email saying "well, the trader appears to be in violation of x, y and z, so write to them and tell them off". Which I'd done already and nothing had happened! Which is why I went to Trading Standards.

Ho hum. I guess I'll write a Final Letter... if that fails it's County Court time. Arrrgh.

Good luck Feline... it's sh!t the system doesn't pull its weight and help us appropriately. A lot of recent legalities I've had to deal with on my own, as the system failed me (although it's quick to take my £££).

P
Peter Conz Connelly
Frequent Poster
Composer, Songwriter, Producer, Sound Designer
http://www.peterconnelly.com

Postby feline1 » Wed May 16, 2012 1:31 pm

Hah! Well it cuts both ways, you know.
Just ignore "the system" when it asks you for £££... maybe you'll get away with it too :headbang:
feline1
Frequent Poster (Level2)
~~~ A weasel hath not such a deal of spleen as you are tossed with! http://www.feline1.co.uk ~~~

Postby midierror » Mon May 19, 2014 8:01 am

I`m available for synth repair and maintainence in the west midlands/shropshire area. I have years of experiece with all kinds of equipment including analogue synths, guitar pedals, mixing desks, reel-to-reel machines and many more.

Some examples of work include: SH101, JenSX1000, Korg Kaoss pad, Casio VL-1, SK1, Korg PadKontrol, Ensoniq TS12...and many more.

Send me an email on errormidi [at] gmail [dot] com
midierror
Regular

Postby Nigeln » Fri Jun 06, 2014 9:03 am

Hi
Just like to echo the good reports about Andy Jury, Synth Prof. He's repaired a load of stuff for me and always the work has always been first class - also he's a really nice guy.
After some bad experiences with a couple of other "professional" repair outfits, I'm glad I found Andy and I will NEVER use anyone else - he is a bit of a wiz when it comes to getting old synths going again!
Nigel
Nigeln

Postby ken long » Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:51 am

FAO Megheads - would like to add Jameson Logan to this list. Based near Wolverhampton, he repaired and restored 3 of my samplers beyond my expectations. He charges by the minute (ie, if he overruns by 10 min into the hour, he won't charge an extra full hour). He was very helpful explaining everything that was wrong and sourced all parts and kept me up to date every step of the way. His work is first class all devices operate better (better SNR, switching etc) than when they came out of the factory. He is also concerned about aesthetics unlike others I've had the misfortune of dealing with.

http://uk.linkedin.com/pub/jammie-logan/3a/740/101

A+++
ken long
Frequent Poster (Level2)
I'm All Ears.

Postby Andy McBain » Fri May 13, 2016 11:53 am

Nigeln wrote:Hi
Just like to echo the good reports about Andy Jury, Synth Prof. He's repaired a load of stuff for me and always the work has always been first class - also he's a really nice guy.
After some bad experiences with a couple of other "professional" repair outfits, I'm glad I found Andy and I will NEVER use anyone else - he is a bit of a wiz when it comes to getting old synths going again!
Nigel

+1 - he did an excellent job on my SH101!!!
Andy McBain
Regular

Postby Smellthevalve » Thu Nov 24, 2016 11:53 am

Anyone know if Synthprof is still going?
I sent them an email (info@synthprof.com) a few weeks ago as instructed by the website but haven't had a reply yet...
Smellthevalve
Regular
-<{DH}>-

Postby minime123 » Mon Dec 26, 2016 3:21 pm

Hey Guys,

Feline1, I didn't see you mention specifically what happened to the synth you said was damaged during shipping, but if synths are packed right, usually the worst thing that will happen while in transit is a bad connection, and this is usually sorted out by reseating connectors, pushing down cards, etc - something anyone can do, without requiring another trip to a tech.

If anyone here in the US is looking for synth repair, we're planning on shifting our focus from buying, restoring and selling to restoring other people's gear after the new year.

Mini
minime123
Poster
Vintage Synth Dealer with many years of experience. http://tonetweakers.com/

Previous