You are here

M-Audio Keystation 49e default factory reset

For fans of synths, pianos or keyboard instruments of any sort.

M-Audio Keystation 49e default factory reset

Postby Jonny Pike » Fri Sep 21, 2012 3:27 pm

Hi, I am having alot of trouble with my midi keyboard (M-Audio Keystation 49e) basically transmitting a lot of midi information by itself causing havoc with my Logic projects including synth randomly going out of tune and not being able to use the pitch bend without it permanently altering the original pitch of the midi...

Apparently I can solve this by performing a factory reset on the keyboard to get it back to its original setting etc.

Problem is I can't find out HOW to do this!

Does anyone have any ideas??

Your help will be much appreciated!

Thanks

Jonny
Jonny Pike

Re: M-Audio Keystation 49e default factory reset

Postby DGL. » Sun Sep 23, 2012 10:49 am

Had the 49 (non e) version for a while and as i remember there is no factory reset on it as nothing is saved on power off. Looks like it might be faulty.
DGL.
Frequent Poster

Postby BJG145 » Sun Sep 23, 2012 11:23 am

Are the problems all with pitchbend info, or also other types of data...? If it's all pitchbend, it's most likely a hardware issue with the wheel. (Something like MidiOx would show you exactly what data is being transmitted. Might be worth trying a contact cleaner like DeOxit or similar on the controls.)
BJG145
Jedi Poster

Postby JDoo » Wed Sep 26, 2012 2:29 am

Have you searched the Avid knowledge base? http://www.avid.com/US/search?q=support

I don't believe there is any on-board memory, so turning it off and on again should reset all but your midi defaults (which can be reset by following what's in the manual). Anyway - there are a couple of articles on resetting the Keystation series on Avid's site..
JDoo
New here

Postby ef37a » Wed Sep 26, 2012 5:55 am

Thought I sent a reply to this?

Anyway, I have an Evolution ekeys 49 and it looks the same and there is a "Reset All Controllers" procedure.

Press the Advanced Functions button, kbd now in Edit mode. Press C#3 black key. Edit mode will exit.
Note. I had a problem with the Pitchbend pot gone noisy and just turned it off with a filter in Cubase. I also had random buggerings about which turned out to be cracked print on the usb port PCB.

Dave.
ef37a
Jedi Poster
#They did not listen, they are not listening still...Perhaps they never will?#

Postby Sound Chaser » Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:05 am

Jonny Pike wrote:Hi, I am having alot of trouble with my midi keyboard (M-Audio Keystation 49e) basically transmitting a lot of midi information by itself causing havoc with my Logic projects including synth randomly going out of tune and not being able to use the pitch bend without it permanently altering the original pitch of the midi...

Apparently I can solve this by performing a factory reset on the keyboard to get it back to its original setting etc.

Problem is I can't find out HOW to do this!

Does anyone have any ideas??

Your help will be much appreciated!

Thanks

Jonny

I had a similar problem. My Radium was pitchshifting by itself, it was useless. I saw this thread here and realised that I could have a pitchwheel hardware problem too.
I found a midi monitor app on internet, run it and saw it was transmitting pitchwheel signals like hell.
I disassembled it, tweaked it a bit and it turned to normal. I put it back and now its ok.
Hope this helps!
Johnny
Sound Chaser

Postby ef37a » Fri Oct 19, 2018 1:29 pm

Also, son was using Cubase and since he had no need of the pitch bend control we just set it "off" in the Cubase MIDI filters.

Dave.
ef37a
Jedi Poster

Postby Perry Hope » Sat Mar 21, 2020 7:16 pm

I had a similar issue, which included random master volume changes and the pitch wheel functioning as an unreliable volume control, the 2 reset options:
1) holding the Edit+Octave + &-
2) (when both Octave lights lit) Press Edit the black key above middle C (C#3)
both failed.

The solution was to look in:
Preferences - link Midi
There was a control surface no longer part of my system still listed, once deleted, everything is now working fine
Perry Hope