You are here

the latest Behringer-gate

For fans of synths, pianos or keyboard instruments of any sort.

Re: the latest Behringer-gate

Postby Adam Inglis » Wed Aug 21, 2019 3:03 am

Arpangel wrote:[
But that's the trouble Elf, often it's really good, not worse in terms of sonics, the build and ergonomics may not be "ideal" but the sound is fine.

But that's it exactly... "ergonomics" (which I think probably includes the hard-to-define term "playability" of an instrument) is EXTREMELY important to musicians, and gets more important the more experienced you are, because it has a huge effect on creative flow.
It's not just the "sound", it's what you can do with it with your two hands in real time.
Adam Inglis
Regular
Adam Inglis 
http://www.adambaby.com
Semi-Automatic
Funboys

Postby blinddrew » Wed Aug 21, 2019 8:39 am

Exactly this. I could buy a kit guitar, build it in a day, and the specifications would be virtually the same as whatever model it was based on. Wouldn't play, look or feel like a Fender/Gibson/whatever though. :)
blinddrew
Jedi Poster
Ignore the post count, I have no idea what I'm doing...

Postby Arpangel » Wed Aug 21, 2019 8:57 am

Adam Inglis wrote:
Arpangel wrote:[
But that's the trouble Elf, often it's really good, not worse in terms of sonics, the build and ergonomics may not be "ideal" but the sound is fine.

But that's it exactly... "ergonomics" (which I think probably includes the hard-to-define term "playability" of an instrument) is EXTREMELY important to musicians, and gets more important the more experienced you are, because it has a huge effect on creative flow.
It's not just the "sound", it's what you can do with it with your two hands in real time.

Absolutely true, but it depends on the clone, the knobs on the Berry D are small, but you get used to them, you can get used to anything. Connect a decent controller keyboard to it and you can be as expressive as you like. I really can't imagine it having a negative impact on my creative flow.
What I personally don't like are small keys, like on the Korg MS20 mini, they are just a step too far, and short keyboards too, they really do limit me in terms of just playing the thing.
Arpangel
Frequent Poster

Previous