You are here

Analogue Solutions Telemark

For fans of synths, pianos or keyboard instruments of any sort.

Analogue Solutions Telemark

Postby Dave B » Sat Jan 06, 2018 6:39 pm

Just got one of these puppies. What a great way to start 2018. I may be smug for some time....

Seriously, it's a corker of a synth. Others may be more flexible - AS's own Fusebox is currently staring 'awesome' in the rear view mirror - but I love this box. It's simplicity is one of the attractions - what it does, it does incredibly well. It's got a good, round bass to it without being overwhelming or 'brassy' (you know - that classic moog thing) and yet has that softness when the filter closes that you know will just let it slide straight into a mix.

And that's before I start patching the thing!

Chevvytraveller has been banging on about this for years and I've always been quietly envious of his. Now I am complete.

At least for now ... ;)
Dave B
Jedi Poster
Veni, Vidi, Aesculi (I came, I saw, I conkered)

Re: Analogue Solutions Telemark

Postby BJG145 » Sat Jan 06, 2018 6:58 pm

Addict. :tongue:

Enjoy! (I'm not jealous really.)
BJG145
Jedi Poster

Postby Wonks » Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:37 pm

I've just got a non-marked Tele. Does that help?
Wonks
Jedi Poster
Correcting mistakes on the internet since 1853

Postby Zukan » Sun Jan 07, 2018 1:18 pm

Dave B wrote:Just got one of these puppies. What a great way to start 2018. I may be smug for some time....

Seriously, it's a corker of a synth. Others may be more flexible - AS's own Fusebox is currently staring 'awesome' in the rear view mirror - but I love this box. It's simplicity is one of the attractions - what it does, it does incredibly well. It's got a good, round bass to it without being overwhelming or 'brassy' (you know - that classic moog thing) and yet has that softness when the filter closes that you know will just let it slide straight into a mix.

And that's before I start patching the thing!

Chevvytraveller has been banging on about this for years and I've always been quietly envious of his. Now I am complete.

At least for now ... ;)

I knew you would succumb.
Zukan

Postby Martin Walker » Sun Jan 07, 2018 4:53 pm

Dave B wrote:Just got one of these puppies. What a great way to start 2018. I may be smug for some time....

You go ahead and carry on being smug Dave - we won't mind :beamup:

Martin
Martin Walker

Postby Chevytraveller » Sun Jan 07, 2018 8:17 pm

Welcome to the club Mr B..
Love the hard edged oscillators and the notch filter.. sounds and behaves surprisingly differently to the Original SEM

:bouncy:
Chevytraveller
Frequent Poster
Soft: MBP 15", X-Station, LogicX, Mainstage 3, Korg legacy, Diva, Alchemy, FabFilter.
Hard: Mostly now all for sale.. but Akai MPC Live, Tasty Chips Gr-1, Roland Promars, AS Telemark,  Eurocrack disease

Postby DavyP » Sun Jul 29, 2018 9:00 pm

Just registered here, I've just recently a (3 to be exact) Telemark. I started out with a Treadstone, then a Fusebox, then got the Telemarks along with some sequencers. Addictive stuff.

I put together a few video demos of the new Analogue Solutions Generator Sequencer if it's of any interest to anyone here:

https://youtu.be/_it3xvGPfyw
DavyP
Regular

Postby Zukan » Tue Jul 31, 2018 9:12 am

Dave, write a review pal.
Zukan

Postby DavyP » Tue Jul 31, 2018 11:35 am

I will do. I'll sit down tonight and try and come up with something useful.
DavyP
Regular

Postby DavyP » Sun Aug 26, 2018 3:32 pm

Did a cover of Depeche Modes Oberkorn: with an Oberkorn :D

Nyborg 24 Arp
Telemark Percussion

Telemark Lead
Nyborg 24 Bass
Fuse box Bass

https://youtu.be/seDAPMJiipQ
DavyP
Regular

Postby winduberry » Sun Feb 03, 2019 10:02 pm

I just got a used unit and it worked fine for about five minutes until I went to the lower notes in the C1 octave and then it kind of fluttered and stopped making any kind of sound at all. Neither VCO light will illuminate now. On some settings you can hear a very high pitch kind of dog whistle sound and a soft click. The midi program button works fine and you can easily change the midi channel and it blinks every time a note comes in. All other lights on the synth will light but the ones in the VCO section. Can anyone tell what the issue may be? I got it for a really great price, way too good and the previous owner actually shipped the power unit later so I’m thinking maybe this thing could have had issues and I was had. Any thoughts? Has this happened to anyone....the synth not working I mean?
winduberry
Poster

Postby Dave B » Sun Feb 03, 2019 10:23 pm

Please don't take this the wrong way, but : how much do you know about synths and programming them?

Apologies if this is a case of granny/egg sucking, but it's not unheard of for someone of limited experience to get caught out. Are you comfortable making a simple, basic patch to test? And does it do this all the time now?

In your position, my first port of call would be to drop Analogue Solutions a line and explain the circumstances and the problem. Tom is a first rate chap and, at the very least, could give you an idea of how much it would cost to get it looked at. No gear is ever perfect (things do wrong from time to time on _any_ kit) but the AS stuff is usually very well built.
Dave B
Jedi Poster
Veni, Vidi, Aesculi (I came, I saw, I conkered)

Postby winduberry » Sun Feb 03, 2019 11:12 pm

Well I can say, my Lifeforms unit from Pitttsburg Modular is not sitting in closet not making any sound. And given I was actually tuning my instrument I would take a guess this wasn’t my first time at the rodeo. And I emailed Tom this morning and thought I would come here to see if anyone had issues with their units given there was not much posted on line about the Telemark at all. I’m just glad I did not get a pretentious arse trying to answer me.
winduberry
Poster

Postby winduberry » Sun Feb 03, 2019 11:16 pm

Oh....oh yeah I didn’t think of any of that. I have one Casio units with the big speakers on the side, so probably a really advanced synthesizer person I guess I would be. Right?
winduberry
Poster

Postby winduberry » Sun Feb 03, 2019 11:46 pm

Well luckily I don’t have to be as much as an expert as clearly you are since this is a semi modular unit and the patches are actually hard wired into he unit. So I was mostly curious as to why it failed after a couple of minutes of notes on the C1 octave, like I stated, and had worked fine in the c4 to c7 octave range but now will make 0 sound at all. Like from the hard wired patches, as the machine is designed, semi modular, not modular, meaning you can use the patch points of you would like, but I never got there because my VCOs failed. Did I mention that previously? Some people think the Telemark is a modular unit but in actuality many are semi modular, Tom who I adore may be able to tell you that, but it’s Sunday and he still has not answered my email from 4am this morning, but since you, I and he are on first name basies, he may get back to you today and you would not have to use a forum to search for an answer for you dead, clicking synth. Oh but I don’t want to sound like I’m sucking a grand ma ma egg.
winduberry
Poster

Next