You are here

Isomorphism FTW

For fans of synths, pianos or keyboard instruments of any sort.

Isomorphism FTW

Postby BJG145 » Mon Jan 22, 2018 8:01 pm

Whatever happened to the Shiverware Rainboard...? That thing looked amazing.

I've previously coveted isomorphic keyboards like the Starr Labs Microzone in an "oh, that looks cool" kind of way, but I've never really grasped what it meant, until...

...I work part time to maintain a care home for unwanted Kickstarter gadgets, and we recently took in a small Dualo du-touch.

The penny finally dropped when I realised that chords, scales, intervals, could be transferred fully intact anywhere on the layout. Genius. I love it.

Only problem now is that I'm gonna have to beg, borrow or steal to get a bigger one. :(

BJG145
Frequent Poster (Level2)

Re: Isomorphism FTW

Postby resistorman » Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:00 pm

The Rainboard does look cool. I’m very happy with my Linnstrument 128... especially because I’m able to use the same pattern for every scale.

http://www.rogerlinndesign.com/linnstrument.html
resistorman
Frequent Poster
future26.com

Postby CS70 » Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:39 pm

BJG145 wrote:Whatever happened

..and I who was already looking forward to a pleasant discussion about geometry and algebraic structures... :bouncy:
CS70
Frequent Poster (Level2)
Silver Spoon - Check out our latest video  and the FB page

Postby BJG145 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:05 am

resistorman wrote:The Rainboard does look cool. I’m very happy with my Linnstrument 128... especially because I’m able to use the same pattern for every scale.

http://www.rogerlinndesign.com/linnstrument.html

Oh damn, yeah, I'm after one of those. (Given the price of the Linnstrument and Haken Continuum, I was interested to see that the Sensel Morph recently acquired MPE. There's also the Madrona Soundplane if you can get hold of one, and that about wraps it up for that kind of controller.)
BJG145
Frequent Poster (Level2)

Postby ManFromGlass » Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:00 am

Not having years of ingrained keyboard training to get in the way, I am loving my Roli Rise 25. And now doesn't this Linnstrument look interesting. Cripes - time to start saving up again!
ManFromGlass
Frequent Poster

Postby BJG145 » Thu Mar 08, 2018 11:34 am

While I'm plugging random eBay listings...the mouse also hovered over an Axis 49. (SOS review).

Unfortunately C-thru Music no longer make these and they're not easy to find, leaving the Opal as the only game in town for this "Harmonic Table" concept. (Beautifully made but with a price tag to match.)

BJG145
Frequent Poster (Level2)

Postby Martin Walker » Fri Mar 09, 2018 4:01 pm

BJG145 wrote:...leaving the Opal as the only game in town for this "Harmonic Table" concept. (Beautifully made but with a price tag to match.)

Now that is truly beautiful, and almost steampunk to boot! 8-)

But £2500!!! :headbang:

Martin
Martin Walker