You are here

Isomorphism FTW

For fans of synths, pianos or keyboard instruments of any sort.

Re: Isomorphism FTW

Postby BJG145 » Sat Nov 23, 2019 6:15 pm

Just a quick isomorphic news update. The Dodeka Stellar looks ready to be launched on Kickstarter before too long.

But what got me really excited was discovering a teaser video for the Tonal Plexus 2nd Generation.

This radical is-that-lego? microtonal monster has been unobtainable forever. It looks like it might finally be making a return...

BJG145
Frequent Poster (Level2)

Postby The Elf » Sat Nov 23, 2019 10:06 pm

Wow! And people think I'm weird for falling in love with a Roli Seaboard! :headbang:
The Elf
Jedi Poster
An Eagle for an Emperor, A Kestrel for a Knave.

Postby ManFromGlass » Sat Nov 23, 2019 11:58 pm

I’m a sucker for the small seaboard and I’m waiting on their new keyboard to be delivered. I’m also waiting for a kickstarter midi flute/recorder controller thingy.
I like weird but usable. After all it’s just a bunch of switches under your fingers and I have very little keyboard training to get in the way.
Please accept that last statement as the lamest justification you’ve ever heard to buy weird cool stuff, but I’m sticking to it!
ManFromGlass
Frequent Poster (Level2)

Postby BJG145 » Sun Nov 24, 2019 7:33 pm

ManFromGlass wrote:I’m a sucker for the small seaboard and I’m waiting on their new keyboard to be delivered. I’m also waiting for a kickstarter midi flute/recorder controller thingy.

Really? What's that?
BJG145
Frequent Poster (Level2)

Postby ManFromGlass » Mon Nov 25, 2019 2:05 pm

On Kickstarter

- the recorder, re.invented

- from Roli the Lumi keyboard
ManFromGlass
Frequent Poster (Level2)

Postby The Elf » Mon Nov 25, 2019 2:55 pm

I like Lumi as an idea, but to me it seems an expensive option for a few light-up keys. And for how long would two octaves suit a learner?

Compare it, for example, with something like this light-up keys option (from 2012!)...

The Elf
Jedi Poster
An Eagle for an Emperor, A Kestrel for a Knave.

Postby Sam Spoons » Mon Nov 25, 2019 2:59 pm

The 'Re.corder' looks like serious fun.....
Sam Spoons
Jedi Poster
Finally taking this recording lark seriously (and recording my Gypsy Jazz CD)........

Postby ManFromGlass » Wed Nov 27, 2019 2:29 pm

The Elf wrote:I like Lumi as an idea, but to me it seems an expensive option for a few light-up keys. And for how long would two octaves suit a learner?

Compare it, for example, with something like this light-up keys option (from 2012!)...
]

I thought the same as you about 2 octaves so in a burst of insanity I bought 2 to lock them together. I don’t really care about the light up keys, I’m more interested in a good feeling keybed that can do MPE. As much as I like the squishy keys of the Seaboard I hit a lot of unintended notes to either side of the intended notes. My fingers are crossed that all their marketing blah blah about the Lumi keybed is not a crock.
ManFromGlass
Frequent Poster (Level2)

Previous