You are here

Behringer Model D

For fans of synths, pianos or keyboard instruments of any sort.

Re: Behringer Model D

Postby Wonks » Sat Mar 24, 2018 7:39 pm

Oh FFS, please take the hint and shut up!
Wonks
Jedi Poster
Now even grumpier than Ivan in his heyday.

Postby blinddrew » Sat Mar 24, 2018 8:29 pm

True to your signature there Wonks! :bouncy:
blinddrew
Jedi Poster
Ignore the post count, I have no idea what I'm doing...

Postby BillB » Sat Mar 24, 2018 9:04 pm

Yeah, but it neatly captures the first words that came into all of our minds.
:headbang:
BillB
Frequent Poster

Postby BillB » Sat Mar 24, 2018 9:29 pm

Actually, I wasn't going to add anything more to this discussion ("putting out fires with gasoline!") but I was just skimming through Synth Secrets and came to the last instalment
https://www.soundonsound.com/techniques ... red-button
which, having discussed that many musicians want "the best synth", finally concludes (after 63 parts):
So — which is the best synthesizer? That's easy. It's the one that allows you to obtain the sounds you want.

Enough said.
BillB
Frequent Poster

Postby envamt » Sat Mar 24, 2018 9:40 pm

Wonks wrote:Oh FFS, please take the hint and shut up!

Sorry, didn't realise.
envamt
Poster

Postby envamt » Sat Mar 24, 2018 9:41 pm

Hugh Robjohns wrote:Okay... enough... we get it: you love modern digital synths in all their forms and appreciate their assorted strengths and benefits. That's lovely...

I think you've made your point clearly (while comprehensively disregarding the alternative views expressed by several others) so shall we move on now?

Please?

H

Sorry.
envamt
Poster

Postby blinddrew » Sun Mar 25, 2018 8:32 am

Don't worry about it. Sometimes people just get tired of having the same discussions on here every couple of years... :)
blinddrew
Jedi Poster

Postby Chevytraveller » Mon Mar 26, 2018 1:54 pm

Wonks wrote:Oh FFS, please take the hint and shut up!

Yeah.. he really wasn't listening.. :headbang:
Chevytraveller
Frequent Poster
Soft: MBP 15", X-Station, LogicX, Mainstage 3, Korg legacy, Diva, Alchemy, Hard: Emulator II, E-Synth, Roland Promars, Obie TVS-1, Waldorf Q, AS Telemark,  Eurocrack disease

Postby BillB » Mon Mar 26, 2018 2:01 pm

But has apologised - twice.
:thumbup:
BillB
Frequent Poster

Postby Chevytraveller » Mon Mar 26, 2018 2:10 pm

BillB wrote:But has apologised - twice.
:thumbup:

Yeah.. fair play.. :clap:
Chevytraveller
Frequent Poster
Soft: MBP 15", X-Station, LogicX, Mainstage 3, Korg legacy, Diva, Alchemy, Hard: Emulator II, E-Synth, Roland Promars, Obie TVS-1, Waldorf Q, AS Telemark,  Eurocrack disease

Postby Hugh Robjohns » Mon Mar 26, 2018 2:18 pm

It's great to be passionate and enthusiastic about one's interests and beliefs... but listening and being open to the views of others is a good life-skill too! :D
Hugh Robjohns
Technical Editor, Sound On Sound

Postby DGL. » Wed Apr 18, 2018 10:44 pm

Latest updates on the D.
Supposedly thy are reaching the 10,000 units mark and need to make at least another 15K more to get on top of things.

As for the neutron, 60? units have passed production testing and they are on target to ship the first units from their factory by the end of april.

Also they want your ideas on what eurorack modules they should make, these will be priced between $49-$100, computer mockups of system 100m modules have been shown.

They will be at superbooth and are inviting people to attend, plus they will have some of their engineers there as well and some new products to show off, inc. the VC340 (which they somehow managed to get back from fiddlestickz, which he REALLY wanted to keep and claims it is the best clone he's ever heard), PRO1, and Neutron.

And lastly from Uli,
'We are just warming up' :D
DGL.
Frequent Poster

Postby The Elf » Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:16 am

I'm crossing my fingers that the production models of the VC340 will add the missing octave of keyboard from the proto, but it certainly sounds the business from what I've heard so far.

I'm also salivating about the UBXa, but we're likely a long way from seeing that.

Hats of to Uli for getting our attention - now he's tested the waters with the Model D I hope he is better prepared for the deluge of demand for these gems!
The Elf
Jedi Poster
An Eagle for an Emperor, A Kestrel for a Knave.

Postby Sam Spoons » Tue Nov 13, 2018 2:59 pm

Well, guitar player that I am I've just succumbed to SAS and bought a Model D. Now to work out WTF I'm gonna do with it.

Back in a former life (it seems) I was manager of a guitar/gear department in a well known piano and electronic organ retailer. Down in my aptly named 'gear cellar' I had a Hammond C3/Leslie set up with a MiniMoog on top. Couldn't really play it (apart from a couple of little demo pieces) but it was fun pretending to be Rick Wakeman, but in a suit and tie :headbang:
Sam Spoons
Jedi Poster
Finally taking this recording lark seriously (and recording my Gypsy Jazz CD)........

Postby Martin Walker » Tue Nov 13, 2018 3:09 pm

Perhaps you need to replace the suit and tie with a cape Sam, to get yourself properly into the mood? ;)

Martin
Martin Walker

Postby MarkOne » Tue Nov 13, 2018 3:10 pm

Sam Spoons wrote:....fun pretending to be Rick Wakeman, but in a suit and tie :headbang:

:bouncy:
MarkOne
Frequent Poster
Debut Album 'Fantasy Bridge' available now!

Postby blinddrew » Tue Nov 13, 2018 3:26 pm

Where did you get that picture of Sam?

;)
blinddrew
Jedi Poster

Postby Sam Spoons » Tue Nov 13, 2018 4:03 pm

:clap: The rather straight laced management would definitely have frowned on a cape......
Sam Spoons
Jedi Poster
Finally taking this recording lark seriously (and recording my Gypsy Jazz CD)........

Re: Behringer Model D :- On the subject of keyboards

Postby Sam Spoons » Tue Nov 27, 2018 7:53 pm

I have just bought an Arturia KeyStep, it is a beautifully made bit of kit with midi I/O, USB midi I/O, and CV/Gate/Trigger outputs. It has a 64 step polyphonic sequencer, an arpeggiator and two very nice ribbon controllers in lieu of pitch and mod wheels. But (and for me it' a big but) it has mini keys.... I thought I would be able to get on with them but after half an hour's fiddling I'm not convinced I am.

So, any suggestions for a midi controller keyboard with 37 or 44 full sized keys, not too many extra controls (superfluous for the Model D). I could probably just about live with 32 (which the KeyStep has) and 49 is definitely too big (I have a Roland Juno-D with 61 keys so the space saving of a 49 is not worth bothering with).

It must have DIN midi out and midi over USB (I guess I can live without the CV/Trigger outputs if I must). I'd prefer pitch wheels or the lovely ribbons of the Keystation over the joystick on the Juno-D but I love the action of the Roland.

As you know I'm most definitely not a keyboard player, all my very limited skills were learned selling home organs back in the '70s
Sam Spoons
Jedi Poster

Re: Behringer Model D :- On the subject of keyboards

Postby Wonks » Tue Nov 27, 2018 7:56 pm

Sam Spoons wrote:As you know I'm most definitely not a keyboard player, all my very limited skills were learned selling home organs back in the '70s

Sam back in the '70s...

Wonks
Jedi Poster
Now even grumpier than Ivan in his heyday.

PreviousNext