You are here

Yamaha MX49 drum parameter editing

For fans of synths, pianos or keyboard instruments of any sort.

Yamaha MX49 drum parameter editing

Postby Airlane » Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:40 am

Is it possible to edit the drum kits on board the MX? I'd like to change the sounds, the reverb send levels and so on.
Airlane
Poster

Re: Yamaha MX49 drum parameter editing

Postby BillB » Sun Feb 18, 2018 12:49 pm

Seems quite likely. Look at the bottom image on this page.
http://www.yamahasynth.com/blog/yamaha- ... r-computer" target="phpbbpopup

Google is your (spying) friend.... that’s how I found the page, using your post title as the query.
BillB
Regular

Postby Airlane » Sun Feb 18, 2018 1:05 pm

Thanks. I did have a look at that page before posting. The MX manuals are very unclear and almost contradictory in that a lot of parameters that are described in the Reference manual appear to be accessible only via the paid-for editor applications. It seems that editing drum kits is one of those parameter sets.
Airlane
Poster

Postby BillB » Sun Feb 18, 2018 3:21 pm

Ah, so was your question about editing drum kits via the MX49’s onboard buttons and screen? Don’t know about that. If a careful read of the manuals doesn’t shed any light, then the answer is probably no, except via software.

Having said that, software editors are usually much easier to use than onboard interfaces, so may be worth considering. I just looked at the VycroMX website and it seems that their editor no longer requires activation (ie is free).
BillB
Regular

Postby Airlane » Sun Feb 18, 2018 4:39 pm

I thought so. The Vycro editor is only for Performances; for drum kit editing it's the John Melas software, which - fair enough to him - is not free. I'll think about it.
Airlane
Poster

Postby resistorman » Sun Feb 18, 2018 6:00 pm

Coincidentally, I just spent yesterday editing my MX49 drums with his software. You do only get 8 user memory slots. The results were great, though. I don’t use standard kits.... I got a bank of really playable congas, for instance. I bought his whole suite primarily for the voice editing, but I’m glad I got the drum editor too. One problem I ran into; you have to have the program and bank change midi commands turned to on in the MX for the software to work properly, I had turned mine off.
resistorman
Frequent Poster
future26.com