You are here

Manual for Korg Volca beats / bass

For fans of synths, pianos or keyboard instruments of any sort.

Manual for Korg Volca beats / bass

Postby Phil44 » Sun Feb 18, 2018 5:14 pm

I have recently acquired a Korg Volca beats and Volca bass but the manuals available on-line are worse than useless - does anybody know where I can find a decent user manual? Thanks
Phil44

Re: Maunal for Korg Volca beats / bass

Postby nathanscribe » Sun Feb 18, 2018 6:20 pm

I don't think there is such a thing, sadly. Korg's fold-out leaflets are a pathetic excuse for a manual, I know, and the same seems to be true of Roland's Boutique range – all you get is a half-baked little scrap of paper with a few basics on it. Seems your best bet these days is browsing youtube for user videos. Gone are the days of in-depth guides. It makes me sad.

Also I am old, and quite grumpy.

:protest:
nathanscribe
Frequent Poster
I have no idea what I'm doing.

Postby BillB » Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:07 pm

Phil, I have a Volca Keys and a Beats. Seriously disliking the PDF manuals for both, I did set about editing one of them (not sure which) into something more accessible. The info is actually quite good, just difficult to navigate around a single huge page. I will have a check over the next day or two and report back.
BillB
Frequent Poster

Postby BillB » Sun Feb 18, 2018 11:01 pm

Took a look, it is an edit of the Volca Beats Manual - everything cut out apart from the English section. Still one page, because the text info is arranged around the front panel graphic. But it is easier to get around than the multi-language version.
I will upload and link to it tomorrow.
BillB
Frequent Poster

Postby BillB » Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:50 am

OK, here you go, edited manual for Volca Beats:

https://2btech.co.uk/download/SOS/USA_volca_beats_OM_Edit.pdf

Like I said, an improvement on the original, but still not as good as a proper manual!

For in-depth review of the features of the Volcas I would also recommend Marc Doty's review/guides on Youtube, such as:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rWsKIrZqac0&list=PLJfkdkJdy5gka0PzLv1sTV88gpEkKOh-o

Sorry, I haven't done anything with the manual for the Bass, as I don't have that machine.
BillB
Frequent Poster

Postby BillB » Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:32 am

Just had a look at the file through an iPad browser window and it looks like text in the top-left of the original document’s page, which is not how it appears when viewed via a PC. Try downloading rather than viewing in a browser, if you can. I’ll take another look at the file.
BillB
Frequent Poster