You are here

Analogue Solutions Generator Cv/Gate Sequencer

For fans of synths, pianos or keyboard instruments of any sort.

Re: Analogue Solutions Generator Cv/Gate Sequencer

Postby DavyP » Sat Sep 08, 2018 11:33 am

DavyP
Regular
Posts: 99
Joined: Sun Jul 29, 2018 8:54 pm

Re: Analogue Solutions Generator Cv/Gate Sequencer

Postby Ben Asaro » Sat Sep 08, 2018 6:04 pm

You also post @ muffs? Your rig sounds divine.
Ben Asaro
Regular
Posts: 471
Joined: Thu Feb 26, 2009 1:00 am
Location: NYC

Re: Analogue Solutions Generator Cv/Gate Sequencer

Postby DavyP » Sun Sep 09, 2018 9:20 am

Ben Asaro wrote:You also post @ muffs? Your rig sounds divine.

Yep I'm a regular in the "Your Tunes Here" thread :D

Thanks for the nice comments, I'm really happy with my current setup. It's the first time I've had a setup and not been constantly looking for something else (GAS), I feel really content I can achieve anything I want with it. :thumbup:
DavyP
Regular
Posts: 99
Joined: Sun Jul 29, 2018 8:54 pm

Re: Analogue Solutions Generator Cv/Gate Sequencer

Postby DavyP » Wed Sep 12, 2018 5:15 pm

https://youtu.be/NQaNTEZkcMg

Using a single gate on a long release bass patch

Percussion by 2 Telemarks
DavyP
Regular
Posts: 99
Joined: Sun Jul 29, 2018 8:54 pm

Re: Analogue Solutions Generator Cv/Gate Sequencer

Postby Martin Walker » Wed Sep 12, 2018 7:00 pm

DavyP wrote:https://youtu.be/NQaNTEZkcMg

Using a single gate on a long release bass patch

Percussion by 2 Telemarks

Now this one I'm enjoying a lot more than the first DavyP! 8-)

Love the sample/hold/sequenced filter frequency runs :thumbup:

Now I might be a little odd, but I did notice that in your first video all your gear seems to have white front panels, while in the second they are nearly all black. Is it a trick of the light, or do you have colour-themed synth areas :mrgreen:


Martin
User avatar
Martin Walker
Moderator
Posts: 12745
Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:44 am
Location: Cornwall, UK

Re: Analogue Solutions Generator Cv/Gate Sequencer

Postby DavyP » Wed Sep 12, 2018 9:43 pm

Martin Walker wrote:
DavyP wrote:https://youtu.be/NQaNTEZkcMg

Using a single gate on a long release bass patch

Percussion by 2 Telemarks

Now this one I'm enjoying a lot more than the first DavyP! 8-)

Love the sample/hold/sequenced filter frequency runs :thumbup:

Now I might be a little odd, but I did notice that in your first video all your gear seems to have white front panels, while in the second they are nearly all black. Is it a trick of the light, or do you have colour-themed synth areas :mrgreen:

Martin

Colour themed areas would be fun, but it was just a filter added in the video editing software
:D Or it could be you seen my white Oberkorns, I've 2 Black Oberkorns and 2 White and rearranged my setup today so the whites on the left and the blacks on the right. So yes, yes I do have colour themed areas :lol:
DavyP
Regular
Posts: 99
Joined: Sun Jul 29, 2018 8:54 pm

Re: Analogue Solutions Generator Cv/Gate Sequencer

Postby DavyP » Fri Sep 14, 2018 8:16 am

A laymans guide to some of the Generators features:

https://youtu.be/_iTUERiS2o0
DavyP
Regular
Posts: 99
Joined: Sun Jul 29, 2018 8:54 pm

Re: Analogue Solutions Generator Cv/Gate Sequencer

Postby DavyP » Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:45 am

Got hold of a Zoom R16 yesterday for direct recording and less Computer time:

This is my first effort, pretty pleased with the Zoom:

https://youtu.be/pgw2lzpNPog
DavyP
Regular
Posts: 99
Joined: Sun Jul 29, 2018 8:54 pm

Re: Analogue Solutions Generator Cv/Gate Sequencer

Postby blinddrew » Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:55 am

Nice :)
I've got one of the early Zoom 8-tracks in the garage somewhere - but I always found it a real pain to use. I theoretically keep it for location recording but should probably get rid of it.
User avatar
blinddrew
Jedi Poster
Posts: 5112
Joined: Sun Jul 05, 2015 12:00 am
Location: York
Ignore the post count, I have no idea what I'm doing...

Re: Analogue Solutions Generator Cv/Gate Sequencer

Postby DavyP » Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:06 pm

blinddrew wrote:Nice :)
I've got one of the early Zoom 8-tracks in the garage somewhere - but I always found it a real pain to use. I theoretically keep it for location recording but should probably get rid of it.

Keep it, as I bet as soon as you sell it an opportunity will come up for some location recording, it's sods law :D
DavyP
Regular
Posts: 99
Joined: Sun Jul 29, 2018 8:54 pm

Re: Analogue Solutions Generator Cv/Gate Sequencer

Postby DavyP » Sun Sep 16, 2018 2:11 pm

https://youtu.be/hXInUz0M2OE

Something a little bit slower and atmospheric :)
DavyP
Regular
Posts: 99
Joined: Sun Jul 29, 2018 8:54 pm

Re: Analogue Solutions Generator Cv/Gate Sequencer

Postby DavyP » Tue Sep 18, 2018 7:20 am

https://youtu.be/mNgI9-ErjeE

Some raw and minimal Fusebox modulated by the Generator.

i really like this one and listened to it a few times, is it ok to like your own music? :blush:
DavyP
Regular
Posts: 99
Joined: Sun Jul 29, 2018 8:54 pm

Re: Analogue Solutions Generator Cv/Gate Sequencer

Postby DavyP » Tue Sep 18, 2018 6:23 pm

Image

Got these 2 bad boys today(Polymaths), have one hooked up to the Generator at the moment. I'll try get a video either tonight or tomorrow. Having too much fun at the moment to think about it :)
DavyP
Regular
Posts: 99
Joined: Sun Jul 29, 2018 8:54 pm

Re: Analogue Solutions Generator Cv/Gate Sequencer

Postby DavyP » Wed Sep 19, 2018 1:36 pm

Polymath and Generator as promised, Polymath Sounds HUGE!

https://youtu.be/WXO4BSgHyLA
DavyP
Regular
Posts: 99
Joined: Sun Jul 29, 2018 8:54 pm

Re: Analogue Solutions Generator Cv/Gate Sequencer

Postby Martin Walker » Wed Sep 19, 2018 2:38 pm

DavyP wrote:Polymath and Generator as promised, Polymath Sounds HUGE!

https://youtu.be/WXO4BSgHyLA

Wow - Lurvely groove and monstrous sound DavyP (head nodding as I type this 8-) )


Martin
User avatar
Martin Walker
Moderator
Posts: 12745
Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:44 am
Location: Cornwall, UK

Re: Analogue Solutions Generator Cv/Gate Sequencer

Postby DavyP » Wed Sep 19, 2018 4:59 pm

Martin Walker wrote:
DavyP wrote:Polymath and Generator as promised, Polymath Sounds HUGE!

https://youtu.be/WXO4BSgHyLA

Wow - Lurvely groove and monstrous sound DavyP (head nodding as I type this 8-) )


Martin

Being into the Mad Scientist thing you'd love it. That's what you feel like tweaking and patching it as it's such a huge size and the form factor is retro sci-fi. Crazy synth :)
DavyP
Regular
Posts: 99
Joined: Sun Jul 29, 2018 8:54 pm

Re: Analogue Solutions Generator Cv/Gate Sequencer

Postby DavyP » Thu Sep 20, 2018 12:28 am

https://youtu.be/PPhbiLrFhBo

Bit of wonky camera in this as I got the lighting very wrong:

Some Polymath filter changing and tweaking, sequenced by the Generator

https://youtu.be/PPhbiLrFhBo
DavyP
Regular
Posts: 99
Joined: Sun Jul 29, 2018 8:54 pm

Re: Analogue Solutions Generator Cv/Gate Sequencer

Postby DavyP » Thu Sep 20, 2018 7:30 am

https://soundcloud.com/user-314656760/poly

The extended mix, the full audio for the last video, the odd bit of distortion as I got carried away and didn't check my levels. Too excited twisting knobs!!! :D
DavyP
Regular
Posts: 99
Joined: Sun Jul 29, 2018 8:54 pm

Re: Analogue Solutions Generator Cv/Gate Sequencer

Postby DavyP » Thu Sep 20, 2018 8:22 am

Did the full video (8 minutes)

https://youtu.be/nSKAxH3diaM
DavyP
Regular
Posts: 99
Joined: Sun Jul 29, 2018 8:54 pm

Re: Analogue Solutions Generator Cv/Gate Sequencer

Postby Richie Royale » Thu Sep 20, 2018 8:37 pm

DavyP wrote:Image

Got these 2 bad boys today(Polymaths), have one hooked up to the Generator at the moment. I'll try get a video either tonight or tomorrow. Having too much fun at the moment to think about it :)

It's beautiful **face melts**
User avatar
Richie Royale
Jedi Poster
Posts: 4564
Joined: Tue Sep 12, 2006 12:00 am
Location: Bristol, England.
http://soundcloud.com/richie-royale http://www.mixcrate.com/richieroyale

PreviousNext

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: SynthetiK