You are here

Korg Kronos- J.Rudess Japanese Grand

For fans of synths, pianos or keyboard instruments of any sort.

Korg Kronos- J.Rudess Japanese Grand

Postby SAM CA » Sat Sep 01, 2018 7:21 pm

Sharing a short piano performance featuring J.Rudess Japanese Grand (Kronos Factory Piano)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uv9ipLYbkGc
SAM CA
Poster

Re: Korg Kronos- J.Rudess Japanese Grand

Postby Folderol » Sat Sep 01, 2018 8:10 pm

I shouldn't have listened to that. It just underlines what a crap performer I am.
Upset now :cry:
Folderol
Jedi Poster
Yes. I am that Linux nut.

Postby BJG145 » Sat Sep 01, 2018 9:51 pm

?

It simply confirms what I already knew. Which is that I need a more expensive keyboard...then I'll be able to play like that too.
BJG145
Frequent Poster (Level2)

Postby SAM CA » Sat Sep 01, 2018 10:17 pm

Folderol wrote:I shouldn't have listened to that. It just underlines what a crap performer I am.

Ha ha ha...That sad face at the end just killed me right now. :lol:

I'm sure you're far from being a crap performer.
SAM CA
Poster

Postby SAM CA » Sat Sep 01, 2018 10:23 pm

BJG145 wrote:?

It simply confirms what I already knew. Which is that I need a more expensive keyboard...then I'll be able to play like that too.

That's exactly how I justify buying new gears that I don't really need! :oops:
SAM CA
Poster

Korg Kronos- German Grand

Postby SAM CA » Mon Sep 03, 2018 9:03 pm

Korg Kronos- German Grand Factory Piano

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mz3H6RoynAg
SAM CA
Poster

Postby Dave B » Tue Sep 04, 2018 8:10 am

Whilst it's lovely, it kind of does underly why I'm not 100% happy with the fundamental Korg piano sound. It's brilliant for fast, fluid playing as it has a lovely richness in the attack, but the sustain just doesn't cut it for me. It seems to lack 'body' somehow. It's all very subjective and personal, but it's one of the reasons that I prefer Kurzweil.
Dave B
Jedi Poster
Veni, Vidi, Aesculi (I came, I saw, I conkered)

Postby SAM CA » Tue Sep 04, 2018 5:09 pm

Dave B wrote:Whilst it's lovely, it kind of does underly why I'm not 100% happy with the fundamental Korg piano sound. It's brilliant for fast, fluid playing as it has a lovely richness in the attack, but the sustain just doesn't cut it for me. It seems to lack 'body' somehow. It's all very subjective and personal, but it's one of the reasons that I prefer Kurzweil.

Dave, which Kurzweil keyboard do you have? It's been a long time since i've played one.
SAM CA
Poster

Postby Dave B » Tue Sep 04, 2018 8:47 pm

Currently, my main board is a combination of Forte and PC3K6. The PC has a great, playable piano but the Forte is another set of big multisamples and comparable to the Kronos. As with all sounds, YMMV, but I prefer the Kurzweil 'sound' when it comes to piano. Also, the Wurli and Rhodes are pretty great as well. My head prefers the physical modelling in the Kronos - which is why it sounds so much better than previous units - but my heart is still with the Kurz. Plus, if you get in contact with a certain Kurz expert, there are even better programs that he has built.

Don't get me wrong, I do love my Kronos. It's a killer bit of kit and arguably better on so many levels. But to me, it's the 'B' rig ... The 'A' rig is the Kurzweils.

:)
Dave B
Jedi Poster
Veni, Vidi, Aesculi (I came, I saw, I conkered)

Postby Fortunecookie » Thu Sep 06, 2018 3:55 pm

Folderol wrote:I shouldn't have listened to that. It just underlines what a crap performer I am.

I can't stand Mr Rudess and his playing style,sometimes I wish he would just play some sensible block chords and more realistic playing,I find his style rather irritating to say the least....can't listen to him play for more than 10 seconds once he starts Jerking off on the keyboard..He'll pay for it with serious joint problems when he hits old age though
Fortunecookie
New here

Postby SAM CA » Thu Sep 06, 2018 5:39 pm

As amazing as he is, I too don't like the whole thing turn into endless fast runs ALL the time either.
SAM CA
Poster