You are here

sequencer /synth / sampler project

For fans of synths, pianos or keyboard instruments of any sort.

sequencer /synth / sampler project

Postby jakeolly » Tue Sep 11, 2018 12:24 pm

Hi all
Currently compose / songwrite / mess about on logic
Has record deal in 80s and had sampler , synth etc which all went when i went mac
I am about to retire and am sick of conputer screen and mice, and have tried i pad, which is great but not..... ( things crash, timing not great etc)
So i am looking at sequencer synth / sampler combo ( eventually) to learn and have fun with
A rock solid sequencer , multi timbral synth rack or keys, plus a sampler . Thought about Kilpatrick carbon squarp etc, plus access virus or an old nord or maybe a synthstrom ,
Im a guitarist so mangling guitars thro an octatrack r something also appeals . I want to be able to add vocals via logic so want to be able to synch the end product too

£1- 2k tops ( retirement gift to self ) not a brand new type buyer

Advice, particulalrly on synths and sequencer

Not an industrial techno person so crashing angular noise not a priority . And not experienced in linear step appraoch, so will probably need to be polyphonic and be useable via a keyboard. I love my old waldorf wave for is smoothness and ‘ girth’

Educate me please
Ta
jakeolly
New here

Re: sequencer /synth / sampler project

Postby cixelsyd » Wed Sep 12, 2018 9:25 am

I’m really into my mv8000 and 8800. There is a lot of bang for your buck in this machine. If your into old samplers I’d add an emu e4 ultra and you would be done.
cixelsyd
New here