You are here

Novation Peak OS1.2!

For fans of synths, pianos or keyboard instruments of any sort.

Re: Novation Peak OS1.2!

Postby BillB » Mon Sep 14, 2020 8:27 pm

Thanks Nathan

I meant there are no envelope-based Mod sources for the FX, only for other voice parameters (e.g. Mod Env to LFO2 speed).
BillB
Frequent Poster

Postby nathanscribe » Mon Sep 14, 2020 8:50 pm

Aaah, gotcha. Sorry!
nathanscribe
Frequent Poster
I have no idea what I'm doing.

Postby The Elf » Mon Sep 14, 2020 8:57 pm

Ah, welcome to the circle - I'm sure you will grow to love it!

As with most synths, the supplied presets are pretty naff, but programming is simple and the changes Novation made to the mod editing really closed the only major gripe I had with it (other than it being annoyingly simple to lose your editing with a misplaced button prod - watch out for that one!).

I was all for replacing my Peak with a Summit, mainly to access the dual filters as a notch filter, and I could do with one more internal PSU synth and one less wall-wart, but I would have to free up space that is now occupied by such as my Hydrasynth, so compromises have to be accepted. I don't need 16 voices anyway, and I'm not into layering patches. So, all in all the Peak is probably the better option for some of us.

Peak holds many of my most treasured sounds now, including string synth and PolyMoog emulations, Pro-Soloist soundalikes and fluffy JX-ish chords. It can do the lot. Who needs panning?! :lol: ;)

Anyway, congratulations, mate - enjoy it!
The Elf
Jedi Poster
An Eagle for an Emperor, A Kestrel for a Knave.

Postby Luke W » Mon Sep 14, 2020 9:30 pm

Once again this thread creeps up when I start thinking about getting a synth. Must be a sign...
Luke W
Regular
Studio - Techical Audio Services - Bespoke Construction

Postby BillB » Mon Sep 14, 2020 11:40 pm

The Elf wrote:Ah, welcome to the circle - I'm sure you will grow to love it!
Thank you :D

annoyingly simple to lose your editing with a misplaced button prod - watch out for that one!
The patch +/- buttons?

Peak holds many of my most treasured sounds now, including string synth and PolyMoog emulations, Pro-Soloist soundalikes and fluffy JX-ish chords.
Mmmm... I don’t suppose..... :wave: (ps, would fully understand if no, this is your living!)

Who needs panning?!
Only me, obviously. But I will be writing to Novation. Based on the block diagram in the manual (p17) every voice has a left and right VCA, currently used only for UniSpread.

Anyway, congratulations, mate - enjoy it!
I’m sure I will. Looking forward to pushing the envelope :bouncy:
BillB
Frequent Poster

Previous