You are here

One Synth Challenge III - This time it's personal

For fans of synths, pianos or keyboard instruments of any sort.

Re: One Synth Challenge III - This time it's personal

Postby bunker » Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:45 pm

The Elf wrote::clap:

Thank again!

Elf, just noticed your signature... did you see the bbc4 documentary last week? Worth a watch.
bunker
Regular
"Who were Wings?”  “Only the band the Beatles could have been.."

Postby Folderol » Wed Nov 27, 2019 10:20 pm

Enjoyed these - remarkable what you can do when you limit the sound sources.
Folderol
Jedi Poster
Yes. I am that Linux nut.
Onwards and... err... sideways!

Postby The Elf » Wed Nov 27, 2019 10:55 pm

bunker wrote:

Thank again!

Elf, just noticed your signature... did you see the bbc4 documentary last week? Worth a watch.
Thanks for the tip - I've recorded it, but I've yet to watch.

Kes has been a huge part of my life. I once had the privilege of a coffee and a chat with Barry Hines. I handed him a couple of CDs and in my clumsy way I tried to explain what his book had done for me - how it had helped to to be who I am; how it turned my life on its head. I must have sounded like a total lunatic! He was a model of patience. I'm so grateful to have been given that chance before we lost the great man.

A couple of years ago I also had the chance to speak with David Bradley, who played Billy in the film. He's had a fascinating life, and it was interesting to hear how it had followed him and shaped his life.
The Elf
Jedi Poster
An Eagle for an Emperor, A Kestrel for a Knave.

Postby bunker » Wed Nov 27, 2019 11:04 pm

The Elf wrote:
bunker wrote:

Thank again!

Thanks for the tip - I've recorded it, but I've yet to watch.

Kes has been a huge part of my life. I once had the privilege of a coffee and a chat with Barry Hines. I handed him a couple of CDs and in my clumsy way I tried to explain what his book had done for me - how it had helped to to be who I am; how it turned my life on its head. I must have sounded like a total lunatic! He was a model of patience. I'm so grateful to have been given that chance before we lost the great man.

A couple of years ago I also had the chance to speak with David Bradley, who played Billy in the film. He's had a fascinating life, and it was interesting to hear how it had followed him and shaped his life.

You need to watch it! You’ll love it! Its amazing how many people recount the same story of that book. It was the first book I read at school that really grabbed me and made me re read it. Still do. Plenty of brilliant archive footage of Barry Hines too. Threads was another story that was part of my childhood.
bunker
Regular
"Who were Wings?”  “Only the band the Beatles could have been.."

Postby Martin Walker » Thu Nov 28, 2019 12:36 am

Hi bunker!

I seem to be a little late to this appreciative thread a lot has happened since I logged in yesterday), but I'm currently enjoying Dr Respite - Square D V3 - very catchy groove that sucks you right in and doesn't let go 8-) :clap:

Good to hear some drum sounds originating from the Model D as well - so many musicians cop out and use a separate drum machine :thumbup:

Now I'm listening to Dr Respite - Blue Bottom - you really have a knack of creating great grooves.

Bravo that man!

Martin
Martin Walker

Previous