You are here

Waldorf Quantum...

For fans of synths, pianos or keyboard instruments of any sort.

Re: Waldorf Quantum...

Postby blinddrew » Sun May 19, 2019 12:04 pm

a few... ahem... correction, many years ago I was doing a solo gig up in the lake district and had recently bought a new guitar and a new mic. Having set up for the evening I was taking a brief moment with a shandy prior to starting the set when a passing punter managed to knock over the mic stand and send £200 of mic interfacing with £850 of guitar. Watching the whole thing in slow motion from the wrong side of a table 8ft away did nothing to help relax me prior to my gig.
Still, mic and guitar both survived with no damage to the former and only a bit of a chunk out of the edge of the latter. Looking at it now, it's just one mark among many, each with their own story, most of them now forgotten. :)
blinddrew
Jedi Poster
Ignore the post count, I have no idea what I'm doing...

Postby DoSoS » Sun May 19, 2019 6:39 pm

DavyP wrote:
Not feeling very happy at the moment!

Davy: Can you please respond as a matter of urgency to my PMs on Elektronauts / emails about the modules.

Everyone else: sorry to pop in here, but I cannot get hold of Davy elsewhere.
DoSoS

Postby DavyP » Fri Jun 28, 2019 6:29 am

https://youtu.be/2E7LF4b-gmI

Made extensive use of the Quantum in this one, no gratuitous studio shots in this one, I'm sort of moving away from that unless it's a demo. Make it more about the music than oh look shiney gear :D
DavyP
Regular

Postby IAA » Fri Jun 28, 2019 6:57 am

That’s a nice soundscape you’ve created there Dave. Those swells have a nice glitchy component. Very contemporary.

Ian
IAA
Regular

Postby Martin Walker » Fri Jun 28, 2019 4:13 pm

Hi yet again DavyP!

You're certainly prolific, and I like this one a lot 8-)

(especially the glitchy beats)

Martin
Martin Walker

Postby DavyP » Sat Jun 29, 2019 6:55 am

Martin Walker wrote:Hi yet again DavyP!

You're certainly prolific, and I like this one a lot 8-)

(especially the glitchy beats)

Martin

Ha ha I spend ages in the studio with my head bursting with ideas. :headbang:

Thanks for the positive vibes, I did a bit of processing on the percussion with distortion etc
I'd one really good drum sound I forgot to use, I always do the recordings live and must have got distracted at the point it was supposes to come in,

Probably was shouting at my Bulldog Pup Ellie who keeps eating the Garden Bench :D
DavyP
Regular

Postby DavyP » Sat Jun 29, 2019 6:58 am

IAA wrote:That’s a nice soundscape you’ve created there Dave. Those swells have a nice glitchy component. Very contemporary.

Ian

Thanks Ian, it almost feels like cheating using the likes of the Quantum and Moog One in a song as they sound good so easily. I've been primarily using then for backing and strange ethereal sounds in the recent stuff I've done. :thumbup:
DavyP
Regular

Previous