You are here

Roland MKS-70 V4 + MPG-70

For fans of synths, pianos or keyboard instruments of any sort.

Roland MKS-70 V4 + MPG-70

Postby The Elf » Sun Mar 24, 2019 7:36 pm

Thought I'd report in with my MKS-70 V4 adventures...

I now have a fully spammed up 'Vecoven' V4 MKS-70, with PWM, four (two lightning fast - always a JX weakness) envelopes, two LFOS, expanded storage memory, enhanced Wilkinson display, and a Retroaktiv MPG-70 with which to control it all.

The powers of the V4/PWM MKS-70 are finally under my fingertips and the 'bonus' features of the programmer are incredible - patch generator, twin-control/footpedal multi-layered 'morphing' capability, the facility to control 2 synths from main and aux connectors... incredible.

Fred Vecoven, Guy Wilkinson and Rob Hoyt have transformed the old Super JX synths. Much respect and eternal thanks to them.

Maybe it's time to follow up on that ancient SOS mag article of mine...

The Elf
Jedi Poster
An Eagle for an Emperor, A Kestrel for a Knave.

Re: Roland MKS-70 V4 + MPG-70

Postby desmond » Sun Mar 24, 2019 8:17 pm

Nice, the JX8p/JX-10/MKS70's have a unique sound character.

It's great to see people hacking the old boxes to improve their traditional weaknesses...

You never know, someone may end up hacking the K1 to finally sound *good*, one day... ;)

* Although I suspect that's beyond the abilities of even the most l33t haxors...
desmond
Jedi Poster

Re: Roland MKS-70 V4 + MPG-70

Postby The Elf » Sun Mar 24, 2019 8:51 pm

desmond wrote:Nice, the JX8p/JX-10/MKS70's have a unique sound character.
Even better is that these mods don't alter that, but they will let you go in other directions too.

desmond wrote:You never know, someone may end up hacking the K1 to finally sound *good*, one day... ;)
* Although I suspect that's beyond the abilities of even the most l33t haxors...
Now go and sit in the corner and think about what you've done... :protest: ;)
The Elf
Jedi Poster
An Eagle for an Emperor, A Kestrel for a Knave.