You are here

K&M Spider Pro and 88 note weighted controller

For fans of synths, pianos or keyboard instruments of any sort.

K&M Spider Pro and 88 note weighted controller

Postby MarkOne » Sat Apr 06, 2019 2:26 pm

My quest for the perfect live rig support system continues...

Anyone in these parts had experience of the K&M Spider Pro? Anyone used one with an 88 note weighted controller?

The spec sheets show the weight capability as more than fine, but I can't see anything about max length of keyboard.

I like the fact the arms are extendable, the top tier is tilted at 15 degrees, and there is a laptop stand and mic boom attachment available.

It also looks quite cool :)
MarkOne
Frequent Poster
Debut Album 'Fantasy Bridge' available now!

Re: K&M Spider Pro and 88 note weighted controller

Postby The Elf » Sat Apr 06, 2019 3:55 pm

I liked the look of them too, and enquired about them. I was warned that the legs deteriorate over time, and I personally witnessed one collapse on stage, its owner narrowly escaping damage to a rapidly descending Moog Voyager - this all happened on the same day!

So I personally wouldn't touch the Spider stands, but that's just me...
The Elf
Jedi Poster
An Eagle for an Emperor, A Kestrel for a Knave.

Postby Dave B » Sat Apr 06, 2019 5:40 pm

I have a standard Spider, Spider Pro and Baby Spider. Love 'em to bits. They solve the problem of the old Ultimate Support Apex - namely, where do your pedals go? :)

I regularly gig my Pro with a 76 key weighted and another (until fairly recently quite hefty) 61 note above it and it's been solid, sturdy and dependable for years. I've heard the 'legs are funny' story and do feel that it's a case of not watching out when you move them - the legs can twist when moved (as they don't lock), but providing they are set right before stuff is loaded up, then they've worked fine. I'll be using my Baby tonight for a gig (admittedly with a light keyboard) and have absolute confidence.

The original Spider is incredibly tall so avoid unless you want you top synth incredibly high. The Pro is the best height.
Dave B
Jedi Poster
Veni, Vidi, Aesculi (I came, I saw, I conkered)

Postby rACed2 » Mon Apr 08, 2019 1:51 am

I have my Kurzweil PC3x and a MatrixBrute on my spider pro, no issues yet :beamup:
rACed2
Regular
Organ, synth’s x2 Not enough time or talent.