You are here

Moog One

For fans of synths, pianos or keyboard instruments of any sort.

Re: Moog One

Postby The Elf » Mon Apr 29, 2019 4:51 pm

Lovely. Definitely my kinda stuff! :clap:
The Elf
Jedi Poster
An Eagle for an Emperor, A Kestrel for a Knave.

Postby DavyP » Wed May 01, 2019 5:43 am

I should have one of these by the end of the week. Debated long and hard about getting either the 8 voice or 16 voice. Went for the 16 in the end as I didn't want to have buyers remorse over not having 16 voices. Hope the additional cost is worth it!

I'll put up a few videos as soon as I can. I'm going on a short break for a week so it might be a couple of weeks before I get something up but I'm pretty prolific with videos so should have plenty of sound demos uploaded once I get back :thumbup: .

Going to bring the OP-Z with me though, don't think the Moog One would be portable enough to take with me :D I might even sample the Moog and upload it to the OP-Z just for the fun of it. :lol:
DavyP
Regular

Postby Eddy Deegan » Wed May 01, 2019 5:54 am

DavyP wrote:don't think the Moog One would be portable enough to take with me

You are not wrong - looking forward to seeing what you come up with Davy, good luck in the meantime :thumbup:
Eddy Deegan
Some of my works.
Please consider supporting the SOS Forum Album project.

Postby IAA » Wed May 01, 2019 7:26 am

I'll put up a few videos as soon as I can. I'm going on a short break for a week so it might be a couple of weeks before I get something up but I'm pretty prolific with videos so should have plenty of sound demos uploaded once I get back :thumbup: .

Looking forward to that Dave, it really is a modular powerhouse. (It looks good too especially when you switch it on!).

I’m working on some tracks with the sequencer now, which Is actually easy to use and seems very powerful, particularly when you have each synth using different rhythms.

Ian
IAA
Frequent Poster

Postby DavyP » Wed May 01, 2019 5:37 pm

Yeah I can't wait, it should be here on Friday. I did have a last minute change of mind and switched to the 8 voice as the way I intend to use it is as a part of my songs not the centre piece. I have a Prophet Xl and Waldorf Quantum(still waiting on it arriving!!! been ages), and with those and the Moog I thought 8 voices would be enough for it to fit in. I'll not be doing a Herbie Hancock or Stevie Wonder with it :thumbup:
DavyP
Regular

Postby IAA » Wed May 01, 2019 5:53 pm

a Prophet Xl and Waldorf Quantum

A power trio for sure. I have the 8 voice too and I’ve not yet ran into any situations where I wished I’d gone for the 16 voice.

The factory presets don’t set it alight in my view, worth checking out the Moog One forum, where we have just started to set up a patch Sharing site.

Ian
IAA
Frequent Poster

Postby DavyP » Sat May 04, 2019 10:04 am

https://youtu.be/hi8IB-PJiRQ

Got it yesterday and set it up in the early hours after much hmming and hahing and moving and moving again and again I finally settled on this.
DavyP
Regular

Postby Eddy Deegan » Sat May 04, 2019 10:13 am

Just saw the video before I saw your post Davy - I'm quite envious of the space, I'd love a large square-ish room to use. I used to have one, but that's now my yojngest step-daughter's bedroom so I'm in a much more rectangular room instead, which is a little cramped for space. Still, it's doing the job for now :D

Nice groove too :thumbup:
Eddy Deegan
Some of my works.

Postby Martin Walker » Sat May 04, 2019 1:30 pm

Woo-hoo - what a setup Davy! :thumbup:

Looking forward to hearing in due course what the Moog One does for your sonic output 8-)

Eddy - don't wish for a squarish room, as acoustically they can be very tricky without loads of acoustic treatment, since the length & width mode problems pile up at certain frequencies. Only a cube is worse than a square room, since then all three sets of room modes occupy the same frequencies :beamup:

I suspect what Davy has is a square-ish setup in a rectangular space ;)

Martin
Martin Walker

Postby desmond » Sat May 04, 2019 1:58 pm

Couldn't believe the bass coming from that dog! :tongue:

Nice rig! :thumbup:
desmond
Jedi Poster
mu:zines | music magazine archive | difficultAudio

Postby DavyP » Sat May 04, 2019 4:19 pm

Thanks Eddy, Martin and Desmond.

And you're right Martin my room is rectangular and I've built the symths around me like that as I always do my videos live. It allows me to have them all connected and synced together and have easy access to them as I play.

Thats Reilly in the video Desmond, when he was a pup we used to call him Marcel Marceau as he barely made a noise. He's a bit of a chilled out dog and likes to takes life easy :D
DavyP
Regular

Postby Eddy Deegan » Sat May 04, 2019 10:15 pm

Martin Walker wrote:don't wish for a squarish room, as acoustically they can be very tricky without loads of acoustic treatment, since the length & width mode problems pile up at certain frequencies.

I suspect what Davy has is a square-ish setup in a rectangular space ;)

Aye, I get it's about the time domain of reflections from equidistant surfaces but I'm not a 'natural' when it comes to such things as the vast majority of my work is non-acoustic so I tend to err towards the convenience of space as opposed to the acoustics :D

Lovely setup though, and I'm still envious of the space!
Eddy Deegan
Some of my works.

Postby Eddy Deegan » Sat May 04, 2019 10:16 pm

DavyP wrote:Thats Reilly in the video

I had him down as a Winston, but Reilly works well. I love pets :D
Eddy Deegan
Some of my works.

Postby DavyP » Mon May 06, 2019 10:12 pm

https://youtu.be/PArN5rIYsS0

First Moog One song

Used the Moog One, Prophet Xl, Polymath, MS-101, Deepmind 12 and Erica Techno System
DavyP
Regular

Postby Eddy Deegan » Sun May 12, 2019 3:07 pm

I very much like the way that this one develops a bit over the first minute or so. It's got a lot of interesting parts in it and a pleasing solidity too :thumbup:
Eddy Deegan
Some of my works.

PreviousNext