You are here

Gecho Loopsynth V2

For fans of synths, pianos or keyboard instruments of any sort.

Re: Gecho Loopsynth V2

Postby Martin Walker » Thu Sep 19, 2019 4:31 pm

Well my parcel arrived on Tuesday, and I put the kit together this afternoon.

What can I say, except WOW!!!! :bouncy:

1. It looks absolutely gorgeous (even better yet smaller than I was expecting).

2. It worked first time (after I managed to make two silly build mistakes on first assembly and had to dismantle and then start again with one ignored part in the correct position and the other the other way up).

3. I'm still getting to grips with the huge number of play and channel options, but I've already dubbed the Gecho Loopsynth V2 a mini-marvel of sonic creation. 8-)

I'm in love - thank you for this wonderful product Mario! :ugeek:

Martin
Martin Walker

Postby BJG145 » Sat Sep 21, 2019 9:45 pm

Glad you got it working! I'm looking forward to the software getting an update to V2 as the App page on the website only talks about V1 at the moment and I'm not sure if it's compatible. (I haven't tried signing in for the "Gechologists" / Beta stuff.)

It's fun to gradually find out what it does. Earlier on I enjoyed discovering how one of the presets reacted if you cover it with its blanket, close the lid, and hum to it.

BJG145
Frequent Poster (Level2)

Postby Martin Walker » Sun Sep 22, 2019 10:27 am

Hi Ben,

Glad you're progressing with Gecho Loopsynth V2 as well. Since I posted above I've now been exploring the new MIDI input option, and have had great fun in the process. At the moment, my biggest hurdle is the lack of detail in the Currently Available Channel descriptions on this page:

http://gechologic.com/manual

I'm discovering extra button and sensor actions for certain channels that aren't mentioned in that list. Of course it's fun to discover extras, but longer term I really do think Mario needs (once he's finished shipping V2 back orders of course) to enhance this page with more detail, so owners have a definitive listing of all the possibilities.

As for the App, Mario says this:

The new v2 model does not need the app as it can be programmed directly via MIDI or using micro-SD card.

Having just viewed the App video ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PcugMH6sdlY ) I do see his point - I've been doing most of what he does with the V1 App by entering notes directly into the Loopsynth via a MIDI keyboard.

Still loving the exploration though! ;)

Martin
Martin Walker

Previous