You are here

SynthFest UK 2019

For fans of synths, pianos or keyboard instruments of any sort.

Re: SynthFest UK 2019

Postby Folderol » Tue Oct 08, 2019 4:02 pm

Just got back home and back on-grid.
Had an excellent time at Synthfest. I also got to have a brief play with Hydrasynth before the doors opened :bouncy:

I've got a lot of catching up to do - so may make even less sense than normal for a while :lol:

P.S. For anyone interested, yes I did get wet. Very, very wet!
Folderol
Jedi Poster
Yes. I am that Linux nut.
Onwards and... err... sideways!

Postby Folderol » Tue Oct 08, 2019 4:05 pm

My thanks too for the organisers. There were also very noticeably more visitors than last year, and more of them seemed to be chatting and asking questions.
Folderol
Jedi Poster

Postby The Elf » Tue Oct 08, 2019 4:27 pm

Folderol wrote:My thanks too for the organisers. There were also very noticeably more visitors than last year, and more of them seemed to be chatting and asking questions.
Definitely more this year. When the doors were opened I was away sorting out some power supplies; when I came back into the main hall it was like walking into a packed-to-capacity theme park! Incredible! :crazy:
The Elf
Jedi Poster
An Eagle for an Emperor, A Kestrel for a Knave.

Postby Failed Muso » Tue Oct 08, 2019 11:21 pm

I would just like to add my warm and hearty thanks to all those involved with this year's event, especially the many volunteers who helped me out massively across the weekend.

And to all those who did me the great honour of attending my seminar and for all the incredibly positive feedback that came after it. It was a real joy to be given that opportunity and I get the feeling there will be more opportunities like it in the near future. So a huge thanks to SOS for that!

As is always the case when working at these events, you don't get enough time to mooch and schmooze and, most importantly, play with the toys. This year was particularly busy for me, what with helping out my friends at IK Multimedia and doing the seminar. However, I did get to talk to some truly amazing people, and a few heroes of mine too.

I'm still buzzing three days later and am already planning for next year!
Failed Muso
Poster
Music Technologist, Writer, Instructional Designer, Fairlights.

Re: SUM PIX

Postby Eddy Deegan » Wed Oct 09, 2019 2:51 pm

Folderol wrote:And the "special" one:
http://www.musically.me.uk/Photos/Synth ... 019_12.jpg

FTFY :D

Great pics Will, thank you for sharing. I did worry for a moment about that rare and expensive 100kg synth sitting on a light-looking table (though judging from the other things on them they are plenty strong enough) but then was distracted by:

... whereupon I thought "Monsieur, wiz zees picture of a Summit we haz not had delivered yet you are speiling us" ;)

PS: I'm still bowled over by how fantastic Yoshimi sounds... it's epic and I'm looking forward to finding out if it works on a Pi4 because at that point it's going into my permanent setup. Do let me know how it goes!
Eddy Deegan
Frequent Poster (Level2)
Please consider supporting the SOS Forum Album project, helping charities via music created by forum members.

Postby Folderol » Sat Oct 19, 2019 8:28 pm

I've been able to pick up one or two vids on youtube of this year's Synthfest, but it's been seriously hard work finding them :(

Does anyone have a list of some sort, of the known ones? One I saw was a walk through - which I actually found more interesting than some of the more focused ones. I know there were a number of people wandering around with cams, so would very much like to see what they captured.
Folderol
Jedi Poster

Postby The Elf » Sun Oct 20, 2019 4:17 pm

A search for 'Synthfest 2019' on YouTube will get you about all you're likely to find.
The Elf
Jedi Poster
An Eagle for an Emperor, A Kestrel for a Knave.

Postby Forum Admin » Sun Oct 20, 2019 4:47 pm

It's very easy to find the SOS-shot videos from SynthFest - either go to our News pages, or click the VIDEOS button in the grey menu on the Home page to route you to our YouTube channel, where there is a SynthFest 2019 playlist. Here's the URL for convenience:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLtZcTSildlegntY07PfieSOYWUQMgzOZ_

Google is your friend for other videos.

Jyoti Mishra shot a nice 16-minute video compilation which you'll find here: https://youtu.be/z7yBH0_dElI

cheers,
Ian
Forum Admin
Location: A studio deep in the fenlands of Cambridgeshire, UK
SEARCH SOS 10,861 articles: www.soundonsound.com/search
FREE Full Issue PDF Digital Mag: https://sosm.ag/FreePDF

Postby Folderol » Sun Oct 20, 2019 6:01 pm

Thanks - I guess I was looking in the wrong place (or wrong question!).
Should keep me entertained for a while :)
Folderol
Jedi Poster

Previous