You are here

M-Audio Keystation 88-es volume pedal?

For fans of synths, pianos or keyboard instruments of any sort.

M-Audio Keystation 88-es volume pedal?

Postby Elephone » Sun Jun 02, 2019 10:20 pm

Hi. Has anyone successfully found a volume pedal to use with the Keystation? I want to try some organ swells :blush: with one on a B3 emulation, for example.

I have a sustain pedal but I don't think it can be used as a volume pedal (in reverse).

Thanks
Elephone
Frequent Poster

Re: M-Audio Keystation 88-es volume pedal?

Postby Hugh Robjohns » Sun Jun 02, 2019 10:39 pm

I have a Yamaha FC7 plugged in to mine, but the key station should work with most without too much trouble.

But an expression pedal is a very different thing to a sustain pedal. The latter is normally just a switch, whereas the former is a variable resistor.
Hugh Robjohns
Technical Editor, Sound On Sound

Postby Elephone » Sun Jun 02, 2019 10:53 pm

Thanks.
Elephone
Frequent Poster

Postby Hugh Robjohns » Mon Jun 03, 2019 12:09 am

Actually, thinking about it, I have a feeling I had to rewire the FC7 to work with the m-audio because it required the varying voltage on the tip contact rather than the ring. Easy to swap over the ring and tip wires, though, or just make an adapter lead with some balanced cable a TRS plug, and a TRS in-line socket!

Or it might be easier to use m-audio's on EXP expression pedal, which is much less expensive than the FC7, or the Roland pedal... But the FC7 is very nice to use!
Hugh Robjohns
Technical Editor, Sound On Sound

Postby Elephone » Sat Jun 08, 2019 10:06 pm

Hugh Robjohns wrote:Or it might be easier to use m-audio's on EXP expression pedal, which is much less expensive than the FC7, or the Roland pedal... But the FC7 is very nice to use!

Thanks. I went with the m-audio one for £16 on eBay (new). Seems to work okay, but I can see how they might come more robustly built.
Elephone
Frequent Poster