You are here

Novation Summit

For fans of synths, pianos or keyboard instruments of any sort.

Re: Novation Summit

Postby Eddy Deegan » Wed Nov 20, 2019 11:37 am

The Elf wrote:Hmmm... No word on mine yet...

Can confirm mine arrived this morning so hopefully yours won't be long behind!
Eddy Deegan
Frequent Poster (Level2)
Please consider supporting the SOS Forum Album project, helping charities via music created by forum members.

Postby Arpangel » Wed Nov 20, 2019 11:42 am

Eddy Deegan wrote:

I'm detecting a very cool calm and collected mood here Eddy......is there an I un-boxing video coming?

:D :bouncy: :lolno: :)
Arpangel
Frequent Poster (Level2)

Postby blinddrew » Wed Nov 20, 2019 1:51 pm

That's because you accidentally ordered the Yorkshire version: The Nowt.
blinddrew
Jedi Poster
Ignore the post count, I have no idea what I'm doing...

Postby Eddy Deegan » Wed Nov 20, 2019 1:56 pm

Arpangel wrote:
Eddy Deegan wrote:

I'm detecting a very cool calm and collected mood here Eddy......is there an I un-boxing video coming?

:D :bouncy: :lolno: :)

I'm currently sitting in an office in Amsterdam, and won't be back home until Friday night, but I'm expecting a fun and interesting weekend :thumbup:
Eddy Deegan
Frequent Poster (Level2)
Please consider supporting the SOS Forum Album project, helping charities via music created by forum members.

Postby The Elf » Wed Nov 20, 2019 3:36 pm

blinddrew wrote:
That's because you accidentally ordered the Yorkshire version: The Nowt.
That might explain it. When the Lady Elf asked what I'd bought at Synthfest I said 'Nowt fer thee to worry abaht"!
The Elf
Jedi Poster
An Eagle for an Emperor, A Kestrel for a Knave.

Postby Arpangel » Thu Nov 21, 2019 1:21 pm

Eddy Deegan wrote:I'm currently sitting in an office in Amsterdam, and won't be back home until Friday night, but I'm expecting a fun and interesting weekend :thumbup:

I don't know, you're living the dream Eddy, sitting in an office in Amsterdam, my favourite place, and you've got a Summit waiting back home.....

:angel:
Arpangel
Frequent Poster (Level2)

Postby The Elf » Fri Nov 22, 2019 6:39 pm

Eddy Deegan wrote:Can confirm mine arrived this morning so hopefully yours won't be long behind!
I hear on the grapevine that there's been a recall of the first batch of Summits. I have no idea of the reason, but it may be a safety issue. Seriously, I would contact your supplier to check whether yours is affected.
The Elf
Jedi Poster

Postby Wonks » Fri Nov 22, 2019 7:00 pm

Summit wrong, as they'd say up North.
Wonks
Jedi Poster
Correcting mistakes on the internet since 1853

Postby Eddy Deegan » Sat Nov 23, 2019 12:55 pm

The Elf wrote:
Eddy Deegan wrote:Can confirm mine arrived this morning so hopefully yours won't be long behind!
I hear on the grapevine that there's been a recall of the first batch of Summits. I have no idea of the reason, but it may be a safety issue. Seriously, I would contact your supplier to check whether yours is affected.

I can confirm that grapevine rumour to be true. The cited reason is some sub-standard encoders on the control surface - full text of the recall message is below. They are paying for collection etc. of course and will be doing a direct-with-customer replacement so you don't have to go through your dealer.

In my case, although I will be taking them up on the recall and getting mine switched out as a precaution, I can't find anything wrong with it so i'm going to be recording some noodling on it over the weekend before arranging a pickup.

I've waited this long, so a little longer won't hurt and I've got use of it for a couple of days in the meantime at least. Some of the noises coming out of it should carry addiction warnings :-)

We’re sorry to inform you we are currently in the process of recalling and replacing the first batch of Summit synths. Unfortunately, it has come to our attention that the synths we delivered to resellers have been affected by some faulty data encoders, causing them to behave inconsistently and skip values.

We want to make sure that, as an owner of our new flagship synth, you have the best possible music-making experience – so we’re working as hard as we can to ensure that a replacement unit is made available for you as soon as possible.

We’ll be in touch with you to confirm the new shipment date soon, and whilst we understand that this short delay will come as a disappointment to you, it’s best for you that we make this change and we really appreciate your patience.

Thank you for your understanding, and we sincerely apologise for any inconvenience caused.

With very best wishes,

The Novation Team.
Eddy Deegan
Frequent Poster (Level2)

Postby The Elf » Sat Nov 23, 2019 1:29 pm

It's a shame for Novation, but I find it reassuring that they are prepared to immediately hold up their hands and get it sorted out.

And I'm happy to slum it with Peak until Summit turns up. ;)
The Elf
Jedi Poster

Postby Wonks » Sat Nov 23, 2019 1:39 pm

The Elf wrote:And I'm happy to slum it with Peak until Summit turns up. ;)

There's that northern accent again, tha knows.
Wonks
Jedi Poster
Correcting mistakes on the internet since 1853

Postby The Elf » Sat Nov 23, 2019 2:24 pm

Wonks wrote:
The Elf wrote:And I'm happy to slum it with Peak until Summit turns up. ;)
There's that northern accent again, tha knows.
;)
The Elf
Jedi Poster

Postby Arpangel » Sun Nov 24, 2019 11:19 am

The Elf wrote:

I think it has something to do with "going way beyond the limits of your imagination"
You may never come back, and they don't want to be liable, so they've had to remove a few parameters, for your own safety.
Arpangel
Frequent Poster (Level2)

Postby Eddy Deegan » Sun Nov 24, 2019 1:24 pm

Arpangel wrote:
The Elf wrote:

I think it has something to do with "going way beyond the limits of your imagination"
You may never come back, and they don't want to be liable, so they've had to remove a few parameters, for your own safety.

:lol:

This week coming I should be having an interesting jam session. I'll be taking along the Summit before I arrange it to be replaced, and my friend just bought a Waldorf Quantum to sit alongside the Moog One and the new Fantom as well.

I usually take a venerable Yamaha ES7 for 'bread and butter' control+pads purposes, but this time I'm thinking about supplementing the Summit with an SY85 and either the Prophet-6 or OB-6. Not sure yet.

We're planning to video it, hopefully we'll get something postable :-)
Eddy Deegan
Frequent Poster (Level2)

Postby Arpangel » Sun Nov 24, 2019 1:34 pm

Eddy Deegan wrote:This week coming I should be having an interesting jam session. I'll be taking along the Summit before I arrange it to be replaced, and my friend just bought a Waldorf Quantum to sit alongside the Moog One and the new Fantom as well.

I usually take a venerable Yamaha ES7 for 'bread and butter' control+pads purposes, but this time I'm thinking about supplementing the Summit with an SY85 and either the Prophet-6 or OB-6. Not sure yet.

We're planning to video it, hopefully we'll get something postable :-)

OKAAAAYYYYY.......
So we have a Summit, Waldorf Quantum, Moog One, Fantom, Prophet-6 OB-6...
Don't you think this is slumming it a bit...

:D
Arpangel
Frequent Poster (Level2)

Postby Eddy Deegan » Sun Nov 24, 2019 1:35 pm

Arpangel wrote:So we have a Summit, Waldorf Quantum, Moog One, Fantom, Prophet-6 OB-6...

Well, it would have been a bit desperate I agree but luckily the SY85 is on hand to raise the tone of the event somewhat ;)
Eddy Deegan
Frequent Poster (Level2)

Postby Arpangel » Mon Nov 25, 2019 10:37 am

Eddy Deegan wrote:
Arpangel wrote:So we have a Summit, Waldorf Quantum, Moog One, Fantom, Prophet-6 OB-6...

Well, it would have been a bit desperate I agree but luckily the SY85 is on hand to raise the tone of the event somewhat ;)

I agree, very desperate situation indeed...

:)
Arpangel
Frequent Poster (Level2)

Postby forumuser653351 » Mon Nov 25, 2019 3:46 pm

I've been really impressed over the Summit and after a bit of deliberation (over my bank balance) I've just put in my order for one, hopefully it'll arrive before Christmas! Very excited :)
forumuser653351
Regular

Postby Eddy Deegan » Mon Nov 25, 2019 4:00 pm

forumuser653351 wrote:I've been really impressed over the Summit and after a bit of deliberation (over my bank balance) I've just put in my order for one, hopefully it'll arrive before Christmas! Very excited :)

Good choice - it's huge fun to play with and sounds epic :D
Eddy Deegan
Frequent Poster (Level2)

Postby The Elf » Mon Nov 25, 2019 4:57 pm

forumuser653351 wrote:I've been really impressed over the Summit and after a bit of deliberation (over my bank balance) I've just put in my order for one, hopefully it'll arrive before Christmas! Very excited :)
I don't think you can go wrong with this one. The Peak is a fabulous instrument and the Summit is even better.
The Elf
Jedi Poster

PreviousNext