You are here

Novation Summit

For fans of synths, pianos or keyboard instruments of any sort.

Re: Novation Summit

Postby Wonks » Mon Nov 25, 2019 5:07 pm

Just wait for the Novation Really Pointy Apex then. ;)
Wonks
Jedi Poster
Correcting mistakes on the internet since 1853

Postby The Elf » Mon Nov 25, 2019 5:33 pm

Wonks wrote:Just wait for the Novation Really Pointy Apex then. ;)
Don't put it past 'em. With Poly AT keyboard!!! :bouncy:
The Elf
Jedi Poster
An Eagle for an Emperor, A Kestrel for a Knave.

Postby Wonks » Mon Nov 25, 2019 6:27 pm

The Elf wrote:
And a wall wart! :bouncy:
Wonks
Jedi Poster

Postby The Elf » Mon Nov 25, 2019 8:53 pm

Wonks wrote:
The Elf wrote:
And a wall wart! :bouncy:
Nah! I hugged the designer who gave the Summit its internal PSU - he will be looking forward to the same for next time! :lol:
The Elf
Jedi Poster
An Eagle for an Emperor, A Kestrel for a Knave.

Postby Wonks » Mon Nov 25, 2019 8:57 pm

Or a very strong reason not to! :D
Wonks
Jedi Poster

Postby Arpangel » Tue Nov 26, 2019 9:19 am

Damn, a friend has just ordered one, and he's about as cautious as someone who's studied cautiousness at the university of cautiousness. And he doesn't part company with money easily.
On this basis I may avail myself of a self-bought Christmas present, I've somehow got to sneak it in though, how big is the box?
I'm getting quite good at this though, I managed to sneak in a Big Sky and a Reface CP as guitar leads.... :)
If my partner comes to the SOSage meet please don't mention Summits, or anything like that, I'd appreciate it... :D
Arpangel
Frequent Poster

Postby Eddy Deegan » Tue Nov 26, 2019 3:38 pm

Arpangel wrote:Damn, a friend has just ordered one, and he's about as cautious as someone who's studied cautiousness at the university of cautiousness. And he doesn't part company with money easily.
On this basis I may avail myself of a self-bought Christmas present, I've somehow got to sneak it in though, how big is the box?
I'm getting quite good at this though, I managed to sneak in a Big Sky and a Reface CP as guitar leads.... :)
If my partner comes to the SOSage meet please don't mention Summits, or anything like that, I'd appreciate it... :D

:-)

There may be a small delay getting hold of one. I note that a few online retailers have pulled them from the store, or marked them as unavailable/pre-order only. My unit has a serial number of 'a-hundred-and-something' and is one of a batch (possibly the first batch in the UK?) of 500. After I replied to the recall and arranged a pickup for it early next week, Focusrite (the UK distributer) sent a message to my retailer basically saying they are working on a plan to swap out all units with resellers and end users and they will confirm details and timescales once available.

To the retailer they said: "Our aim is to minimise downtime for end users, so please do not recall units from them until we have confirmed availability of replacements."

The message for me as an end user was: "As the issue does not prevent the unit from being used, we don’t want to do anything to interrupt your use of the Summit. We’ll be in touch with you once we have availability of replacement unit to arrange a replacement unit at your convenience."

I'm not at all bothered by any of this. It's a fantastic instrument and perfectly usable as it is. I was only able to trigger the encoder issue a couple of times over several hours.

Having just got off the phone to my retailer I've been told to hang onto it for now, that they'll be in touch when the time comes, and to have a lot of fun with it in the meantime :thumbup:
Eddy Deegan
Frequent Poster (Level2)
Please consider supporting the SOS Forum Album project, helping charities via music created by forum members.

Previous