You are here

4-Tier Mother 32 Rack

For fans of synths, pianos or keyboard instruments of any sort.

4-Tier Mother 32 Rack

Postby Durr GaGa » Fri Aug 30, 2019 12:28 pm

Hi folks,

Several people have asked me how I produced my Mother 32 based 3-tier rack so I thought it might be of wider interest so here is how I did it:-

The mounting for the fourth module couldn’t be simpler or more secure - it is rock solid. There are two aluminium straps, one on each side bolted to the three-tier frame with a small strip of black card between the top module’s wooden cheeks and the strap to act as a spacer to make up the thickness of the original steel frame. To project the two modules where they touch and to stop extraneous light coming in from the rear of the stack, there is another strip of black card between the two units (I’m a fussy git :D ). See attached photos.

The aluminium (2mm x 20mm x 1000mm) was bought from Screwfix and I spray painted it with Satin Black car paint from Halfords - all very high tech!!

Durr GaGa
Poster

Regards,

Steve
www.nightskyimages.co.uk

Re: 4-Tier Mother 32 Rack

Postby Martin Walker » Fri Aug 30, 2019 12:35 pm

Nice work Durr GaGa! :clap:

The most important thing is that the assembly is rock solid, and you seem to have achieved that admirably! :thumbup:

Martin
Martin Walker

Postby Durr GaGa » Fri Aug 30, 2019 1:26 pm

Martin Walker wrote:Nice work Durr GaGa! :clap:

The most important thing is that the assembly is rock solid, and you seem to have achieved that admirably! :thumbup:

Martin

Thanks, Martin, it always makes me cringe when I see even top performers playing on instruments that are bouncing about all over the place - my newbie playing skills require the most solid of mountings to avoid any distractions! :D
Durr GaGa
Poster

Regards,

Steve
www.nightskyimages.co.uk

Postby Eddy Deegan » Sat Aug 31, 2019 8:27 am

Very nice job there... it looks great too!
Eddy Deegan
Frequent Poster (Level2)
Some of my musical works.
I had a weird time in Surrey once, but that was a drummer's fault.

Postby Arpangel » Sat Aug 31, 2019 8:53 am

Nice rack, but that's the easy bit, now you've got to figure out how to use Maths...

:D
Arpangel
Frequent Poster

Postby Durr GaGa » Sun Sep 08, 2019 10:06 pm

Eddy Deegan wrote:Very nice job there... it looks great too!

Thanks, Eddy

Arpangel wrote:Nice rack, but that's the easy bit, now you've got to figure out how to use Maths...

:D

Thank you and you're right, getting to grips with the Maths unit is an interesting challenge! However, currently, I am getting some interesting use from it - today's experiment was using it as a half wave rectifier on some audio giving some interesting results :thumbup: .
Durr GaGa
Poster

Regards,

Steve
www.nightskyimages.co.uk

Postby Ben Asaro » Mon Sep 09, 2019 1:04 pm

That looks really nice, great work! Maths ain't so hard as long as you remember that it can do anything - just throw it in there and turn the knobs until you get what you want! :)

Newest Disting fw has some great additions to the world's biggest utility module as well; make sure to update yours!
Ben Asaro
Frequent Poster