You are here

using reverse saw lfo(with 8ths) on filter cutoff is great but hate the delay effect

For fans of synths, pianos or keyboard instruments of any sort.

using reverse saw lfo(with 8ths) on filter cutoff is great but hate the delay effect

Postby slightly » Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:57 am

on my prohet 6 I cant but end up using the reverse saw lfo using 8ths timing synced
to the filter cutoff, its gives a cool sound for deep house but then havnt actually used in a tune much, what bothers me is the delay effect sometimes, with the 8th timing sometimes, its cool like a normal delay but if you take this example i just uploaded

witht the lfo timing on eights you get a nice low passed tek sound for chrds
when i switch the timing of the sync to anything else, it usuallly looses that extra appeal.

I can back it off to double eights which takes a way most of the delay effect but then it looses its edge a bit not quite, the same sound

its a soundI like but cnat get it so far from just filter envelope and filter and envelope amount

any ideas how to lose that tialy delay

https://soundcloud.com/scottfitzgerald/ ... hs/s-GdOXE
slightly
Regular

Re: using reverse saw lfo(with 8ths) on filter cutoff is great but hate the delay effect

Postby BigRedX » Tue Sep 10, 2019 12:19 pm

The delay is being caused by the soft attack of the LFO waveform shape.

The simplest way to counteract this would be to record your synth part and then move the audio forward in relation to the rest of the track until you get the right feel - probably somewhere between 16th and 8th note.
BigRedX
Frequent Poster
RockinRollin' VampireMan

Re: using reverse saw lfo(with 8ths) on filter cutoff is great but hate the delay effect

Postby slightly » Tue Sep 10, 2019 1:04 pm

hhhmm slightly struggling with what u mean, the chrd stabs have a rhythm to them for over the drums so far, so....if i go moving audio forward this messes with that rhythm ive established, or am igetting you wrong?

I gave it small go seems to mess things up but maybe i dont get ya

I tried a gate before posting at got pretty close to taking out the delay part was just a small bit left

just tried a reverse gate using the same rhythm as side chain and shifted forward the 8th didnt work
slightly
Regular