You are here

Analogue Solutions Collosus...

For fans of synths, pianos or keyboard instruments of any sort.

Re: Analogue Solutions Collosus...

Postby The Elf » Tue Oct 08, 2019 9:02 am

Go download VCV Rack for free - same experience, fewer dodgy cables to ruin your day...
The Elf
Jedi Poster
An Eagle for an Emperor, A Kestrel for a Knave.

Postby Arpangel » Tue Oct 08, 2019 9:21 am

The Elf wrote:Go download VCV Rack for free - same experience, fewer dodgy cables to ruin your day...

The trouble is Elf, with the Collosus Windows 10 won't keep updating, also the Collosus won't finally need better hardware to run after downloading that last power hungry upgrade, or stop working after that essential OS download.

:D
Arpangel
Frequent Poster

Postby The Elf » Tue Oct 08, 2019 9:54 am

I've been making music on computers since the Commodore 64 - OS updates (even entire OSses!) will come and go, but I'm still making music. Of course certain software will demise, but it's really nothing to be concerned about - another, better option, will be along in a minute!
The Elf
Jedi Poster
An Eagle for an Emperor, A Kestrel for a Knave.

Postby Arpangel » Wed Oct 09, 2019 12:11 pm

The Elf wrote:I've been making music on computers since the Commodore 64 - OS updates (even entire OSses!) will come and go, but I'm still making music. Of course certain software will demise, but it's really nothing to be concerned about - another, better option, will be along in a minute!

It all started to go wrong for me when I splashed out on a Mac, and gave up my 12yo and still working Windows XP machine, that was fantastic, and I made the bulk of my output on that computer. That was a major and painful lesson.
Arpangel
Frequent Poster

Previous