You are here

Case for small portable rig?

For fans of synths, pianos or keyboard instruments of any sort.

Case for small portable rig?

Postby Arpangel » Sat Nov 09, 2019 4:56 pm

I've put together a small portable traveling set-up, comprising of an Alesis Micron, a Mackie 1202 VLZ4 mixer, a couple of effects pedals, volume and sustain pedals, plus all requisite leads and headphones.
An aluminium case to fit the Micron and the mixer is a bit too cumbersome, for this I might have to build something as it needs to be the right size and no bigger. But I'm wondering about off-the-peg stuff? I'm maybe thinking of suitable sized back-packs that will hold everything nice and securely, as they are light, I can't think of anything else that won't add lots of weight be bigger and be awkward to carry.

:?:

PS, I've just been looking at the amazing Radial Key Largo, it has everything I need, and is smaller than the Mackie mixer, so that could save a bit of space.
Arpangel
Frequent Poster

Re: Case for small portable rig?

Postby Dave B » Sat Nov 09, 2019 7:11 pm

I think that you are on the right lines with a backpack. Some of the larger ones are designed to hold 2 laptops plus odds and ends so should be able to hold your kit. I have one that I got from work which is tough as well - Kevlar iirc
Dave B
Jedi Poster
Veni, Vidi, Aesculi (I came, I saw, I conkered)

Postby Arpangel » Sun Nov 10, 2019 8:46 am

Dave B wrote:I think that you are on the right lines with a backpack. Some of the larger ones are designed to hold 2 laptops plus odds and ends so should be able to hold your kit. I have one that I got from work which is tough as well - Kevlar iirc

Thanks Dave, I'm going to go along to a shop with the measurements of the Micron, the biggest thing, I've found a very small Behringer mixer that'll replace the heavy and larger Mackie, and the Berry is only £40, as opposed to the Radial, which is £400

:)
Arpangel
Frequent Poster

Postby DGL. » Sun Nov 10, 2019 10:38 am

I haven't looks but would be surprised if Thomann didn't have something designed for this task.
DGL.
Frequent Poster

Postby Arpangel » Sun Nov 10, 2019 12:48 pm

DGL. wrote:I haven't looks but would be surprised if Thomann didn't have something designed for this task.

I've been thinking about a small lightweight keyboard case, like an SKB type thing, but things will rattle about inside.
Trouble with a back-pack is that the Micron would have to be carried vertically, and that's a big back-pack! And, it's not really necessary as most of the time I'll be going in a car.
Im going to try a small keyboard bag for the Micron, and the rest can can go in a foam lined case, something like a Pelican maybe.
Oh dear, my my, these first world problems..... :)
Arpangel
Frequent Poster

Postby Arpangel » Sun Nov 10, 2019 1:40 pm

DGL. wrote:I haven't looks but would be surprised if Thomann didn't have something designed for this task.

Thanks, and they have!

https://www.thomann.de/gb/stairville_sb_144_bag_760_x_350_x_350_mm.htm

It's just the right size for the Micron, and the other bits and pieces.
Arpangel
Frequent Poster