You are here

Yamaha CP reface Alternatives

For fans of synths, pianos or keyboard instruments of any sort.

Re: Yamaha CP reface Alternatives

Postby The Elf » Wed Nov 20, 2019 11:00 pm

Arpangel wrote:I'm looking forward to putting my SM57 on those speakers.
:lol:

Instant 1976 Woolworths home keyboard!
User avatar
The Elf
Jedi Poster
Posts: 13043
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2001 12:00 am
Location: Sheffield, UK
An Eagle for an Emperor, A Kestrel for a Knave.

Re: Yamaha CP reface Alternatives

Postby Arpangel » Thu Nov 21, 2019 9:49 am

The Elf wrote:
Arpangel wrote:I'm looking forward to putting my SM57 on those speakers.
:lol:

Instant 1976 Woolworths home keyboard!

:)

This is great! I've been up all night playing it, we're still camping out on our "building site" so it's filled up time nicely.
Even though the keyboard is small, it's got just the right type of feedback, it's just a classic.
User avatar
Arpangel
Frequent Poster (Level2)
Posts: 2014
Joined: Sat Jul 12, 2003 12:00 am

Re: Yamaha CP reface Alternatives

Postby N i g e l » Thu Nov 21, 2019 1:20 pm

:thumbup:
Glad to hear your enjoying your new CP. Definitely a classic.
Which of the Rhodes tones do you prefer ?
N i g e l
Regular
Posts: 216
Joined: Sun Aug 12, 2018 2:40 pm

Re: Yamaha CP reface Alternatives

Postby Wonks » Thu Nov 21, 2019 2:31 pm

It's a sine of the tines.
User avatar
Wonks
Jedi Poster
Posts: 10131
Joined: Thu May 29, 2003 12:00 am
Location: Reading, UK
Correcting mistakes on the internet since 1853

Re: Yamaha CP reface Alternatives

Postby Arpangel » Thu Nov 21, 2019 2:51 pm

N i g e l wrote::thumbup:
Glad to hear your enjoying your new CP. Definitely a classic.
Which of the Rhodes tones do you prefer ?

I don't know? RD11 I think, for more straight ahead stuff, but for spacey, it's RD1, but it's difficult to say, I like them all, even the CLV with a slow chorus is amazing, but RD11 with the D Delay set to maximum, and feedback loops is a freak out, just nudge the Time knob a little and you can't get really spacey. I seem to be stuck on one patch, 1 octave down, RD11, tremolo on, chorus on, D Delay on, reverb on 50%, absolute heaven! Toy piano is good too, it's all great! Funny thing, I'm not having any issues with these small keys, that's surprising.
User avatar
Arpangel
Frequent Poster (Level2)
Posts: 2014
Joined: Sat Jul 12, 2003 12:00 am

Re: Yamaha CP reface Alternatives

Postby N i g e l » Thu Nov 21, 2019 4:18 pm

Arpangel wrote:Toy piano is good too
:shock:
Im not sure about the toy piano ! Some people swap that for the Easter egg accoustic piano [using wire cutters].
Yep the delay is very well implemented, I like that it doesnt jump when you turn the knob but slews and retains the pitch shifted audio.

Theres a "why I love..." on battery operated equipment which I didnt particularly agree with when I read it but now I have a few "pocket size" devices I can appreciate that its a very different way to play. And it is play, not a work-flow.

Wonks wrote:It's a sine of the tines.

I still dont know what Spectral Component Modelling is, other than inscrutable.
Theres probably a sine wave in there somewhere. Maybe even two.
N i g e l
Regular
Posts: 216
Joined: Sun Aug 12, 2018 2:40 pm

Re: Yamaha CP reface Alternatives

Postby Martin Walker » Thu Nov 21, 2019 10:36 pm

Wonks wrote:It's a sine of the tines.

Now that, my friend, is worthy of a round of applause!

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:


Martin
User avatar
Martin Walker
Moderator
Posts: 14589
Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:44 am
Location: Cornwall, UK

Re: Yamaha CP reface Alternatives

Postby blinddrew » Thu Nov 21, 2019 10:48 pm

Don't encourage him! :headbang:


(it was pretty good though)
User avatar
blinddrew
Jedi Poster
Posts: 8483
Joined: Sun Jul 05, 2015 12:00 am
Location: York
Ignore the post count, I have no idea what I'm doing...

Re: Yamaha CP reface Alternatives

Postby Wonks » Thu Nov 21, 2019 11:04 pm

Too late. I'm encouraged! :D
User avatar
Wonks
Jedi Poster
Posts: 10131
Joined: Thu May 29, 2003 12:00 am
Location: Reading, UK
Correcting mistakes on the internet since 1853

Re: Yamaha CP reface Alternatives

Postby Sam Spoons » Thu Nov 21, 2019 11:39 pm

:clap: :clap: :clap:
User avatar
Sam Spoons
Jedi Poster
Posts: 10524
Joined: Thu Jan 23, 2003 1:00 am
Location: Manchester UK
Finally taking this recording lark seriously (and recording my Gypsy Jazz CD)........

Re: Yamaha CP reface Alternatives

Postby Arpangel » Fri Nov 22, 2019 10:39 am

N i g e l wrote:
Arpangel wrote:Toy piano is good too
:shock:
Im not sure about the toy piano ! Some people swap that for the Easter egg accoustic piano [using wire cutters].
Yep the delay is very well implemented, I like that it doesnt jump when you turn the knob but slews and retains the pitch shifted audio.

Theres a "why I love..." on battery operated equipment which I didnt particularly agree with when I read it but now I have a few "pocket size" devices I can appreciate that its a very different way to play. And it is play, not a work-flow.

Wonks wrote:It's a sine of the tines.

I still dont know what Spectral Component Modelling is, other than inscrutable.
Theres probably a sine wave in there somewhere. Maybe even two.

The delay is fantastic, but it's incremental, not a problem though.
Toy piano is great when pitched down, add feedback delay for instant drone textures.
User avatar
Arpangel
Frequent Poster (Level2)
Posts: 2014
Joined: Sat Jul 12, 2003 12:00 am

Re: Yamaha CP reface Alternatives

Postby N i g e l » Tue Nov 26, 2019 4:19 pm

The delay *is* fantastic, yes but Im still not convinced about the toy piano
N i g e l
Regular
Posts: 216
Joined: Sun Aug 12, 2018 2:40 pm

Re: Yamaha CP reface Alternatives

Postby The Elf » Tue Nov 26, 2019 4:59 pm

N i g e l wrote:The delay *is* fantastic, yes but Im still not convinced about the toy piano
+1
User avatar
The Elf
Jedi Poster
Posts: 13043
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2001 12:00 am
Location: Sheffield, UK
An Eagle for an Emperor, A Kestrel for a Knave.

Previous

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users