You are here

Yamaha CP reface Alternatives

Page 2 of 2

Re: Yamaha CP reface Alternatives

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2019 11:00 pm
by The Elf
Arpangel wrote:I'm looking forward to putting my SM57 on those speakers.
:lol:

Instant 1976 Woolworths home keyboard!

Re: Yamaha CP reface Alternatives

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2019 9:49 am
by Arpangel
The Elf wrote:
Arpangel wrote:I'm looking forward to putting my SM57 on those speakers.
:lol:

Instant 1976 Woolworths home keyboard!

:)

This is great! I've been up all night playing it, we're still camping out on our "building site" so it's filled up time nicely.
Even though the keyboard is small, it's got just the right type of feedback, it's just a classic.

Re: Yamaha CP reface Alternatives

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2019 1:20 pm
by N i g e l
:thumbup:
Glad to hear your enjoying your new CP. Definitely a classic.
Which of the Rhodes tones do you prefer ?

Re: Yamaha CP reface Alternatives

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2019 2:31 pm
by Wonks
It's a sine of the tines.

Re: Yamaha CP reface Alternatives

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2019 2:51 pm
by Arpangel
N i g e l wrote::thumbup:
Glad to hear your enjoying your new CP. Definitely a classic.
Which of the Rhodes tones do you prefer ?

I don't know? RD11 I think, for more straight ahead stuff, but for spacey, it's RD1, but it's difficult to say, I like them all, even the CLV with a slow chorus is amazing, but RD11 with the D Delay set to maximum, and feedback loops is a freak out, just nudge the Time knob a little and you can't get really spacey. I seem to be stuck on one patch, 1 octave down, RD11, tremolo on, chorus on, D Delay on, reverb on 50%, absolute heaven! Toy piano is good too, it's all great! Funny thing, I'm not having any issues with these small keys, that's surprising.

Re: Yamaha CP reface Alternatives

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2019 4:18 pm
by N i g e l
Arpangel wrote:Toy piano is good too
:shock:
Im not sure about the toy piano ! Some people swap that for the Easter egg accoustic piano [using wire cutters].
Yep the delay is very well implemented, I like that it doesnt jump when you turn the knob but slews and retains the pitch shifted audio.

Theres a "why I love..." on battery operated equipment which I didnt particularly agree with when I read it but now I have a few "pocket size" devices I can appreciate that its a very different way to play. And it is play, not a work-flow.

Wonks wrote:It's a sine of the tines.

I still dont know what Spectral Component Modelling is, other than inscrutable.
Theres probably a sine wave in there somewhere. Maybe even two.

Re: Yamaha CP reface Alternatives

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2019 10:36 pm
by Martin Walker
Wonks wrote:It's a sine of the tines.

Now that, my friend, is worthy of a round of applause!

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:


Martin

Re: Yamaha CP reface Alternatives

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2019 10:48 pm
by blinddrew
Don't encourage him! :headbang:


(it was pretty good though)

Re: Yamaha CP reface Alternatives

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2019 11:04 pm
by Wonks
Too late. I'm encouraged! :D

Re: Yamaha CP reface Alternatives

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2019 11:39 pm
by Sam Spoons
:clap: :clap: :clap:

Re: Yamaha CP reface Alternatives

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2019 10:39 am
by Arpangel
N i g e l wrote:
Arpangel wrote:Toy piano is good too
:shock:
Im not sure about the toy piano ! Some people swap that for the Easter egg accoustic piano [using wire cutters].
Yep the delay is very well implemented, I like that it doesnt jump when you turn the knob but slews and retains the pitch shifted audio.

Theres a "why I love..." on battery operated equipment which I didnt particularly agree with when I read it but now I have a few "pocket size" devices I can appreciate that its a very different way to play. And it is play, not a work-flow.

Wonks wrote:It's a sine of the tines.

I still dont know what Spectral Component Modelling is, other than inscrutable.
Theres probably a sine wave in there somewhere. Maybe even two.

The delay is fantastic, but it's incremental, not a problem though.
Toy piano is great when pitched down, add feedback delay for instant drone textures.

Re: Yamaha CP reface Alternatives

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2019 4:19 pm
by N i g e l
The delay *is* fantastic, yes but Im still not convinced about the toy piano

Re: Yamaha CP reface Alternatives

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2019 4:59 pm
by The Elf
N i g e l wrote:The delay *is* fantastic, yes but Im still not convinced about the toy piano
+1