You are here

Osmose keyboard

For fans of synths, pianos or keyboard instruments of any sort.

Osmose keyboard

Postby Eddy Deegan » Sun Nov 24, 2019 1:20 pm

Just saw the news post on SOS about the Osmose keyboard.

I am very, very tempted to pre-order one... poly AT, the expression provided by sideways wiggling on a key, sensing the initial 'tap' speed of the key as well as normal velocity and the swell/fade effect shown whereby you can lift a held key slightly to reduce its volume (which I'm rather hoping is a mappable controller) all look rather splendid to me.

The pre-order discount is really quite something too.

Argh!
Eddy Deegan
Frequent Poster (Level2)
Please consider supporting the SOS Forum Album project, helping charities via music created by forum members.

Re: Osmose keyboard

Postby desmond » Sun Nov 24, 2019 1:24 pm

It came up for me as a YouTube ad, and I sat and watched the whole 3 minute video of people playing it...

It's good to see that there now seems to be a demand for more expressive controllers, and the companies are making new products in this space - that can only be a good thing. :thumbup:
desmond
Jedi Poster
mu:zines | music magazine archive | difficultAudio

Postby Eddy Deegan » Sun Nov 24, 2019 1:51 pm

Indeed!

I just noticed that Elf beat me to it: https://www.soundonsound.com/forum/view ... 23&t=69015 ... I'll make any related posts in there.
Eddy Deegan
Frequent Poster (Level2)
Please consider supporting the SOS Forum Album project, helping charities via music created by forum members.

Postby The Elf » Sun Nov 24, 2019 9:28 pm

I'd be interested to try it, but I have to say that I've taken to the Roli way of doing things very quickly, and their way of performing those smooth bends between notes is a huge pull for me.

But I can see the attraction of this one. These things you just have to try for yourself. Let's hope they bring one to Synthfest 2020!

Between my Roli and my Elka MK76 I'm pretty happy with my poly aftertouch/wibbly key life at the moment! :)
The Elf
Jedi Poster
An Eagle for an Emperor, A Kestrel for a Knave.

Postby Martin Walker » Sun Nov 24, 2019 9:54 pm

You've rather demoted this post to being locked as a duplicate now Eddy.

So be it ;)

Martin
Martin Walker