You are here

Just accidentally deleted all of my sounds.

For fans of synths, pianos or keyboard instruments of any sort.

Just accidentally deleted all of my sounds.

Postby Arpangel » Sat Dec 07, 2019 11:27 pm

In i VCS3, what a load of absolute shit this stuff is, apps software etc.
I'd rather have my old VCS3 back and not be able to store anything, at least we know where we stand.
No warning, no red banner and warning bleeps etc, just a head damaging confusing store menu.
Who can be bothered with this stuff? I paid good money for it too, at least a tenner!

:D
Arpangel
Frequent Poster (Level2)

Re: Just accidentally deleted all of my sounds.

Postby Martin Walker » Sun Dec 08, 2019 4:03 pm

Sorry to hear that Tony, although in my experience after accidentally deleting sounds you sometimes get even better ones when you attempt to recreate them.

I hope that thought cheers you up a little anyway :beamup:

Martin
Martin Walker

Postby ManFromGlass » Sun Dec 08, 2019 5:45 pm

Wait, so here’s a guy who can program a buchla and get assumedly useful sounds out if it and can’t figure out an iPad app? A case of brain hardwired for hardware looks like. I’d go mental trying to get even a bleep out of a buchla.
:headbang:

I’m not 100% positive but delete the Synthi app from the iPad and then the App Store will let you reload it. and viola!
ManFromGlass
Frequent Poster (Level2)

Postby Arpangel » Mon Dec 09, 2019 9:26 am

Yeah, it's not all gloom, I'm already programming more sounds for it, so you're right Martin!
Buchla stuff can seem daunting, but honestly, you can get excellent results not knowing anything, and every time I use it something really strange and uniques comes out, normally by pure accident.
Arpangel
Frequent Poster (Level2)

Postby Martin Walker » Mon Dec 09, 2019 1:36 pm

Arpangel wrote:Yeah, it's not all gloom, I'm already programming more sounds for it, so you're right Martin!

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
Martin Walker

Postby Arpangel » Tue Dec 10, 2019 9:55 am

Martin Walker wrote:
Arpangel wrote:Yeah, it's not all gloom, I'm already programming more sounds for it, so you're right Martin!

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Looking at my sounds from a previous time is like looking at a diary of my life, at that time.
All of my past sounds were very noisy, and aggressive, meant for free-improv, but now, I'm producing very smooth calm and slowly evolving ambient style sounds, for my more melodic stuff.
Arpangel
Frequent Poster (Level2)

Postby Martin Walker » Tue Dec 10, 2019 2:24 pm

But is it your new-found state of blissful calm, or simply a sign that you're getting old? :beamup:

Martin
Martin Walker

Postby Zukan » Tue Dec 10, 2019 5:51 pm

Buchla stuff can seem daunting, but honestly, you can get excellent results not knowing anything, and every time I use it something really strange and uniques comes out, normally by pure accident.

You have a Buchla? 200E?
Zukan

Postby OneWorld » Tue Dec 10, 2019 6:02 pm

It was meant to be then!
OneWorld
Frequent Poster (Level2)

Postby ManFromGlass » Tue Dec 10, 2019 6:52 pm

Martin Walker wrote:But is it your new-found state of blissful calm, or simply a sign that you're getting old? :beamup:

Martin

I think about that too sometimes. I remember the days of getting lost under headphones listening to waves of high distortion, fuzz, delays and huge verbs mostly on an electric guitar. Very inspirational.
Not so much anymore and that’s fine.
ManFromGlass
Frequent Poster (Level2)

Postby N i g e l » Tue Dec 10, 2019 10:11 pm

Schofield's Second Law of Computing says that data doesn't really exist unless you have at least two copies of it.

Synths with only 32 patch memories used to annoy me, having to swap banks in & out to PC.

I was so much happier when 1000 preset storage came along – “Ill never fill that space !”. true, i haven’t run out of space but it has made me lazy about backing up.

I was probably better backed up in the days of patch sheets in loose leaf folder.
N i g e l
Regular

Postby Arpangel » Wed Dec 11, 2019 10:40 am

Zukan wrote:

You have a Buchla? 200E?

Zukan, I have an Easel, with the Aux card and Program card, I've also got a few modules in the basement, I decided to build a seperate 200E system, I found trying to integrate E stuff with the Easel just ruined it for me, the Easel is perfectly formed as it is.
Interestingly, the sounds the Easel pushes me towards I find more unique and interesting than using the 200E stuff, and I'm still unsure about investing in more modules.
Arpangel
Frequent Poster (Level2)

Postby Zukan » Fri Dec 13, 2019 1:39 pm

Any issues with the Easel? Paul was telling me it wouldn't behave itself.
Zukan

Postby Arpangel » Fri Dec 13, 2019 2:47 pm

Zukan wrote:Any issues with the Easel? Paul was telling me it wouldn't behave itself.

No Issues Zukan, touch wood, it's a BEMI but one of the later ones, I believe the earlier ones had a few problems. But they do have a few "idiosyncrasies built in as standard :D
Arpangel
Frequent Poster (Level2)

Postby Zukan » Fri Dec 13, 2019 3:56 pm

Thanks buddy.
Zukan

Postby Arpangel » Sat Dec 14, 2019 10:09 am

Zukan wrote:Thanks buddy.

Zukan, there are some "great" :) built in idiosyncrasies, if you're thinking of getting one, the Pulser needs a bit of coaxing to go into self mode, you have to flick the selector through its whole range to get it to engage sometimes.
The envelope decay and release controls have a rather unusual relationship to each other, and are difficult to use when setting up medium/long release times.
The spring reverb is cool, but regard it as a low-pass filter and attenuator at the same time! :D
Another major thing to remember about Buchla in general, you must never feed negative/offset voltages into 200e/Easel CV inputs, it can damage them. This means not using clone modules with 200e, even the Tool Box card can put out negative CV's, and that was designed for the Easel! It's things like this that really "keep you on your toes"

:D :D
Arpangel
Frequent Poster (Level2)

Postby N i g e l » Fri Dec 20, 2019 4:36 pm

More on the importance of backups -

When Scrillex " was performing in Milan, Italy, someone stole two laptops and both of his hard drives from his hotel room. The drives contained all of the project files from his entire discography to date, including an upcoming album. Moore took to Twitter and Facebook to explain what was lost, and to inform his fans that he was remaking the new album"
N i g e l
Regular

Postby Arpangel » Sat Dec 21, 2019 10:58 am

N i g e l wrote:More on the importance of backups -

When Scrillex " was performing in Milan, Italy, someone stole two laptops and both of his hard drives from his hotel room. The drives contained all of the project files from his entire discography to date, including an upcoming album. Moore took to Twitter and Facebook to explain what was lost, and to inform his fans that he was remaking the new album"

I always think that these things are meant to happen, and anything to do with backups and an iPad is a nightmare anyway.
Arpangel
Frequent Poster (Level2)