You are here

A quick shoutout to Novation

For fans of synths, pianos or keyboard instruments of any sort.

A quick shoutout to Novation

Postby Eddy Deegan » Thu Dec 26, 2019 4:01 pm

As detailed in other threads on the Summit, the first batch suffered from a potential faulty data encoder on the control surface.

It wasn't a serious problem (at least in my case) but Novation issued a recall/replacement program and just before Christmas I was contacted to arrange the replacement.

They sorted everything out. A courier turned up at the door with a brand new boxed Summit, took my original one in exchange and I've now got a stable machine. My only gripe was that I couldn't keep the original serial number, which was pleasingly low :-)

It was unfortunate that the problem occurred in the first place but these things happen and Novation dealt with it very well IMHO.

So, thanks to Novation for not only producing an epic synthesizer but following up with some great 'least impact possible' customer service when the need arose :clap:
Eddy Deegan
Frequent Poster (Level2)
Some of my works.
Please consider supporting the SOS Forum Album project.

Re: A quick shoutout to Novation

Postby blinddrew » Fri Dec 27, 2019 1:07 am

This whole episode does sound like an object lesson in how to do customer service right.
:clap: :thumbup:
blinddrew
Jedi Poster
Ignore the post count, I have no idea what I'm doing...

Postby Martin Walker » Fri Dec 27, 2019 8:31 pm

Bravo Novation - excellent company resolution duly noted for future purchases :thumbup:

Martin
Martin Walker

Postby Aural Reject » Fri Dec 27, 2019 9:44 pm

Not quite as impressive as that...but I lent my old KS4 out a while ago and it recently came back without some of the encoder caps...which, even though it’s a legacy machine, after an email to support to see if I could buy any anywhere, they posted out some replacements to me free of charge!
Aural Reject
Frequent Poster