You are here

Alesis Photon X25 firmware?

For fans of synths, pianos or keyboard instruments of any sort.

Alesis Photon X25 firmware?

Postby merlyn » Tue Dec 31, 2019 2:12 pm

I have the keyboard from the title of this post. It had some problems so my intuition was to look for a factory reset.

After some messing about it seemed to be bricked, but I brought it back from the dead by flashing the firmware. Unfortunately it now thinks it is a Photon 25 not an X25 -- the built in audio interface doesn't work.

The firmware was for a 25, so I was wondering if anyone has the firmware for the X25 to get the audio working again.
merlyn
Regular

Re: Alesis Photon X25 firmware?

Postby BillB » Tue Dec 31, 2019 4:01 pm

Hi Merlyn

You are the second person to ask for this on the SOS forum, so I am making the link public. I understand that it is really hard to find, so hopefully this makes things a little easier.

https://www.2btech.co.uk/download/Alesi ... _v1_04.zip

Extract the Zip, read the readme and see if that will do what you want. It should also resolve the issues of a non-functioning USB interface on the X25.

Good luck!

Bill
BillB
Frequent Poster

Re: Alesis Photon X25 firmware?

Postby merlyn » Wed Jan 01, 2020 3:57 pm

Thanks Bill!

That worked and my X25 is fully functional again. I've uploaded all the X25 files to Google Drive :

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1CKgR2 ... YOd_2Dsucy

The pdf describing controller recalibration has a warning about certain button presses that wipe the firmware.

For anyone who has an X25 -- if it's working there is no need to update the firmware. The fix is only to be used if your X25 isn't working, or appears dead.

On Linux flashing the firmware was straightforward using dfu-util.

On Windows the procedure described in the readme requires XP. In other words something to be avoided unless you absolutely have to.
merlyn
Regular