You are here

Alesis Photon X25 firmware?

For fans of synths, pianos or keyboard instruments of any sort.

Re: Alesis Photon X25 firmware?

Postby merlyn » Fri Jun 26, 2020 2:53 am

hapciu wrote:I understand the procedure for updating the firmware is to be done in XP but prior to that, I can't erase the actual firmware which is 1.3

The firmware in the zip file linked to above is v1.04, so if you have 1.3 it seems unlikely v1.04 would fix it.

Yuri.ko wrote:i have the same problem with the Alesis photon 25, but i can't find the firmware for this model, does anyone have it? pls send help

Here is the Photon25 firmware :

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing

It's worth bearing in mind what @BillB pointed out : both models will still work with MIDI via a 5 pin DIN. An X25 is a 25 with a built in USB 1.1 audio interface -- I imagine Alesis were thinking it could be a one box solution for using a laptop -- keyboard, some knobs, the AXYZ dome and audio output in one package via one USB cable.

The X25 works on Linux because it's a class compliant device. Does Windows not do that? I'm kind of surprised, but at the same time not. :)
merlyn
Regular

Postby Gerson » Fri Jul 24, 2020 12:25 am

Hi i´m new!

merlyn wrote:
Use Linux : This is what I did using the utility dfu-util through the command line. You could make a bootable USB stick with Linux on it and use that..

How did you did this ? Any Tutorial ?

Thanks!
Gerson

Postby Gerson » Fri Jul 24, 2020 10:51 pm

I solved by making a portable Win XP pendrive and then installing de DFU drivers! thanks for the information! Your posts were very usefull!
Gerson

Postby BillB » Sat Jul 25, 2020 9:29 am

Gerson wrote:I solved by making a portable Win XP pendrive and then installing de DFU drivers! thanks for the information! Your posts were very usefull!
Welcome to the SOS Forum, and thanks for sharing your solution, Gerson. Did you follow any particular guide to create the XP drive that you could share with us?
BillB
Frequent Poster

Postby psycmos » Mon Sep 28, 2020 11:38 pm

hapciu wrote:Hi guys!
I happen to have a dead Photon25 (not the X version) on my desk that I want to use with W7. :headbang:
I understand the procedure for updating the firmware is to be done in XP but prior to that, I can't erase the actual firmware which is 1.3 either by the two octave buttons nor by global+octave down.. v1.3 remains lit whatever combination I press. Can someone please help me with this? I don't want to throw it to trash, yet. :(

I flashed my Alesis Photon25 1.04 successful, using the windows 10 and windows XP mini VMWARE image.

Guide described at MANUAL for Photon25 is not the same of PhotonX25, is not the same way to get the message: "1.USb".

From manual to photon25:

If, after having performed the operation above, the screen still shows
its firmware version (i.e. the screen did not change when you pressed
the two OCTAVE buttons), do the following:
1) Hold down the GLOBAL button and press the OCTAVE DOWN
button at the same time. Then release both buttons.
2) Hold down the OCTAVE UP button and press the LAYER
button at the same time. Then release both buttons.
3) Hold down the CONTROL ASSIGN button and press the clear
VALUE encoder next to the screen at the same time. Then
release both buttons.
- If the screen still does not read “1.USb”, try both erasure attempts
again.
psycmos

Postby psycmos » Mon Sep 28, 2020 11:41 pm

hapciu wrote:Hi guys!
I happen to have a dead Photon25 (not the X version) on my desk that I want to use with W7. :headbang:
I understand the procedure for updating the firmware is to be done in XP but prior to that, I can't erase the actual firmware which is 1.3 either by the two octave buttons nor by global+octave down.. v1.3 remains lit whatever combination I press. Can someone please help me with this? I don't want to throw it to trash, yet. :(

I forget the USB 1.04 FIX for alesis Photon25
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... 3t8ga9mfOI
psycmos

Previous