You are here

help me find different sound of this song

For fans of synths, pianos or keyboard instruments of any sort.

help me find different sound of this song

Postby sly11 » Fri Jan 10, 2020 11:44 am

hello I would have liked to have a little help I begin with the synth and fl studio. first of all I would like to know the sound used at the beginning of the song :

https://youtu.be/RMTSXdq3RQA

I manage to reproduce the voice but not the other. The Korg Minilogue XD has a pluck that looks like it, but I don't have it. And then what is the instrument / sound used at 2mn32?

I have in my possession Korg legacy and roland cloud legendary thank you for your help.
sly11

Re: help me find different sound of this song

Postby The Elf » Fri Jan 10, 2020 1:13 pm

The sound at the beginning is some sort of digital/sampled plucked sound, but it is also going through a flanger, which is giving it the movement. Getting is exactly right will be difficult without knowing precisely what was used. The Minilogue is not really the right tool, for the job, since it is an 'analogue' synth - you will need a digital synth.

At 2m32s you are hearing a sampled trumpet, again from a sampler or a digital synth. You will not get that kind of sound from an analogue synth.

The Korg Legacy collection includes the old and venerable M1 - I would begin your search there. The Wavestation may have a few examples. Be prepared to do some editing to get closer to what you are hearing.
The Elf
Jedi Poster
An Eagle for an Emperor, A Kestrel for a Knave.

Re: help me find different sound of this song

Postby Wonks » Fri Jan 10, 2020 4:00 pm

At 2m32 it's a sampled muted trumpet, not a straight trumpet.
Wonks
Jedi Poster
Correcting mistakes on the internet since 1853