You are here

An update on Obelisque Design

For fans of synths, pianos or keyboard instruments of any sort.

An update on Obelisque Design

Postby Eddy Deegan » Tue Feb 04, 2020 5:18 pm

I've recently been in touch with the nice chaps at Obelisque Design.

For those of you who were at the last Synthfest they were the guys with those stunning extruded aluminium desktop stands for small gear.

I was asking about the wall-mounted synth solutions I heard about while chatting to their sales director Glenn.

It seems that Synthfest was a roaring success for them and they've been rushed off their feet since, so much so that the wall-mounted designs are not finished yet but are expected to be ready roundabout the end of next month all being well.

My understanding is that the wall mounts will consist of vertical rails you attach to a (solid masonry) wall and which accomodate holding arms that can be positioned as required and provide variable tilt. There was also talk of the rails having channels for routing hidden cables (power and audio) through. If it's anything like their destop stands it should look beautiful.

I sent them a list of dimensions and weights for the initial two installations I want to do (which between them will accomodate 5 synths; the heaviest being 15kg), and the good news is that they reckon it's quite doable. Should that pan out as I hope, I'll be looking to add more for a further 8 or so (some of which are heavier).

Definitely worth keeping an eye on if you're as interested as I am in that kind of solution.
Eddy Deegan
Frequent Poster (Level2)
Some of my works.
Please consider supporting the SOS Forum Album project.

Re: An update on Obelisque Design

Postby Hugh Robjohns » Tue Feb 04, 2020 5:24 pm

Thanks for the update -- I'm interested to see how this turns out too.

H
Hugh Robjohns
Technical Editor, Sound On Sound

Re: An update on Obelisque Design

Postby Martin Walker » Wed Feb 05, 2020 9:48 pm

It's also great to hear that a newish company like Obelisque Design that responds to user suggestions is already rushed off its feet - there IS some justice in the world! 8-)

Martin
Martin Walker