You are here

KORG Oasys PCI

For fans of synths, pianos or keyboard instruments of any sort.

Re: KORG Oasys PCI

Postby Nites » Sat Aug 15, 2020 1:06 pm

n o i s e f l e ur wrote:No but . . . aren't Korg's patents on PhysMod due to expire any day now?

IIRC this was a major bottleneck on the tech advancing, in the absence of interest in same from Korg.

Are you saying Korg has patents for physical modelling that stifled innovation?

There have been lots of physical modelling synths on the market such PA3 Derailer, AAS Tassman, Yamaha VL 1, Logic Sculpture etc etc
Nites
Regular

Postby OneWorld » Sat Aug 15, 2020 3:14 pm

Martin Walker wrote:
Mixedup wrote:(Still have my SW1000XG and some daughterboard cards knocking around somewhere though... they were far more useful!)

I still occasionally miss using my SW1000XG card - its combination of samples and effect options had just the right amount of flexibility to achieve your own sound, yet the combo was not complex enough to become overwhelming.

Martin

I sold mine a long time ago, whe nit became clear the drivers woudn't work post XP then I got one recently on eBay £25! I did re-install it just for the MIDI Synth part of the card but then realised what's the point as I use a MOX keyboard, so it went back on eBay where the prices are generally about £100 I think the concept was very appealing, a MIDI Synth plus audio tracks along with the extra cards
OneWorld
Frequent Poster (Level2)

Postby FrankD » Sun Aug 16, 2020 1:18 am

Eddy Deegan wrote:Hopefully the email address provided above will facilitate the necessary communication but if not, and there is a need to put you both in direct contact with each other, post back here and let us know :thumbup:

Thank you, Eddy,

Much appreciated!

peace,
Frank Dickinson
90 East Productions
our "lockdown" sessions
FrankD

Postby 3harmonic » Sun Aug 16, 2020 4:03 pm

Reply sent! Thanks for the explanation Eddie.
Never thought I'd register at the SOS forum but have been an avid reader of the print magazine for years.
3harmonic
New here

Previous