You are here

Behringer VC340 - Local Off?

For fans of synths, pianos or keyboard instruments of any sort.

Behringer VC340 - Local Off?

Postby The Elf » Thu Feb 27, 2020 3:21 pm

Is it possible to switch the VC340 to 'Local Off'? I've been scouring all the documentation I can find and I can't see any mention of it.
The Elf
Jedi Poster
An Eagle for an Emperor, A Kestrel for a Knave.

Re: Behringer VC340 - Local Off?

Postby Eddy Deegan » Thu Feb 27, 2020 3:40 pm

Had a quick look around, I can't find anything either. The Behringer documentation quest is a nightmare! Lots of 'quick start' stuff, but very little in the way of meat and potatoes.

Also in the quick start guide it makes mention of using SysEx for turning some features on and off, and refers you to the product page on their website for details of those SysEx values but they are nowhere to be found.

Tried checking the 'community' to see if there were any related posts or threads, got bombarded with pages of graphics and hipster-ish "hey arent we all cool" tribe (yuk) branding but as for useful information, nada.

I thought maybe it would be do-able using the Sythtool utility, but couldn't find any docs on it and without a VC340 connected it just sits there scrolling through product images.

At that point I was getting annoyed so I thought it best to give up!

Might be quicker just to fire them a support request and ask?
Eddy Deegan
Frequent Poster (Level2)
Some of my works.
Please consider supporting the SOS Forum Album project.

Postby The Elf » Thu Feb 27, 2020 9:00 pm

I've tried everything I can think of. SynthTool makes no mention of it, and the machine blithely ignores Controller 122 messages, so looks like nobody thought of implementing it. That's a great shame, since sometimes I have an idea happening and I just want to hit record and use its own keyboard to get the idea down - as it is I have to set another keyboard to play it.

Not the end of the world, but odd that it seems it can't be done. :?
The Elf
Jedi Poster
An Eagle for an Emperor, A Kestrel for a Knave.

Postby Rich Hanson » Fri Feb 28, 2020 10:40 am

I wanted to try the same, but it seems you can't. No biggie, but it would have solved a transitory issue I had.
Rich Hanson
Frequent Poster