You are here

SOS review of Korg ARP2600FS

For fans of synths, pianos or keyboard instruments of any sort.

Re: SOS review of Korg ARP2600FS

Postby Eddy Deegan » Wed Mar 18, 2020 2:22 pm

The Elf wrote:If anyone has the module I would be interested to know about the compromises it involves.

There are a number of differences along the lines of those Nigel pointed out previously. The Hydrasynth Manual is actually for both the module and keyboard versions and discusses the differences in a few places.

There is a summary on page 9 which says:

It's also extremely friendly to read - one of the nicest manuals I've seen in a long time. I do recommend a glance through it for any prospective buyers; it packs a lot of info into a smallish yet easy to read document.
Eddy Deegan
Frequent Poster (Level2)
Some of my works.
Please consider supporting the SOS Forum Album project.

Re: SOS review of Korg ARP2600FS

Postby arkieboy » Sat Mar 21, 2020 12:38 am

The thing that makes me most like to press the button to resub* is the big GR synth review. I have too much gear, and I only buy the occasional piece of new stuff, but that doesn't matter. I care not that half the gear in the articles are made out of unobtainium - through wallet size compounded by having to buy both guitars and synthesisers :bouncy: - because the Top Gear comparison is perfect**: entertaining and informed writing with sumptuous photography about desirable things is a winner regardless of the kind of toy.

I enjoy your BigReds contribution too, and differences of opinion are fine, but one of the first articles I'll read when I finally press that button again - and press I will, honest! - is the Karp 2600 review.

(I do buy issues, at least four a year through the apple store when I fly to meetings. Not going to be doing much of that this year)

* Its only in the last couple of years that I binned issue 1 with Midge grinning on the cover

** I truly hope none of you are as Clarkson as Clarkson. That would really turn me off!!
arkieboy
Regular

Previous