You are here

Polyend Tracker

For fans of synths, pianos or keyboard instruments of any sort.

Re: Polyend Tracker

Postby BobTheDog » Tue Jul 21, 2020 9:35 pm

Hi Eddy,

Thanks for all the info.

Will be interested in anything you post, stringing things together is always where I fall down with sequencers :)

Cheers

Andy
BobTheDog
Frequent Poster

Postby BobTheDog » Fri Sep 04, 2020 8:49 pm

So I have had mine a week or so, it's a strange little thing but I quite like it.

Pretty limited in functionality but quite fun, all I have managed to do with it really is make loops for use elsewhere which is probably not its intended use!

Be good if they added timestrectch, non realtime would be fine. Also filter tracking via note seems to be a weird omission.
BobTheDog
Frequent Poster

Postby Eddy Deegan » Fri Sep 04, 2020 10:54 pm

BobTheDog wrote:So I have had mine a week or so, it's a strange little thing but I quite like it.

My sentiments exactly :-)

BobTheDog wrote:Pretty limited in functionality but quite fun, all I have managed to do with it really is make loops for use elsewhere which is probably not its intended use!

I think it's limited compared to a DAW but as a standalone piece of hardware I'm not so critical, though one thing that's really missing is the ability to transpose selections of notes as an editing feature rather than having to sacrifice an FX slot to do it in realtime.

BobTheDog wrote:Be good if they added timestrectch, non realtime would be fine. Also filter tracking via note seems to be a weird omission.

I'm rather hoping they release more updates for it, as it's fairly nimble as far as it goes and there is no doubt in my mind that as a 'grab audio and mess around with it' tool it's great.

Unfortunately I've been diverted almost completely from musical stuff for a couple of months now because of work and life commitments, but I'm badly feeling the need to lay hands on synths soon. Partly (but importantly) as I've got to finish my forum album track but mainly because I have a burning desire and need to in any case.

I also have a few outstanding issues such as the need to wrap up my Tracker demo, a few things/tests for Will (who has been incredibly patient) on Yoshimi and to complete some semi-collaborative things using multitracks that some kind folks here have shared with me (and who have all been equally patient).

The last of the current round of builders finished up at Deegan Towers today and there will be no more until early November, so there is light at the end of the tunnel!
Eddy Deegan
Some of my works
The 2nd SOS Forum Album project

Postby BobTheDog » Fri Sep 04, 2020 11:28 pm

Can’t you transpose notes by selecting them, pressing the note button and then turning the knob?

Or am I misunderstanding you?
BobTheDog
Frequent Poster

Postby Eddy Deegan » Fri Sep 04, 2020 11:51 pm

BobTheDog wrote:Can’t you transpose notes by selecting them, pressing the note button and then turning the knob?

Wait... what...?

I just tried it and it does exactly that! I was looking for a menu option somewhere and completely overlooked the shortcut angle.

Bob, you are an absolute legend. Thank you :clap:
Eddy Deegan
Some of my works
The 2nd SOS Forum Album project

Postby BobTheDog » Sat Sep 05, 2020 12:01 am

I only found out as I was trying to increase velocity for a group of notes and had the note button selected by mistake :)

I wish they would do a pdf manual, I bet there are loads of shortcuts and functionality that have gone under my radar.
BobTheDog
Frequent Poster

Postby Sam Spoons » Sat Sep 05, 2020 9:43 am

How about a 'wiki' like blog maybe on the Polyend Tracker forum if there is one?
Sam Spoons
Jedi Poster
Finally taking this recording lark seriously (and recording my Gypsy Jazz CD)........

Postby BobTheDog » Sat Sep 05, 2020 10:59 am

There is on online "manual" with some text and videos, it doesn't work for me on safari or chrome though!

Works from my work windows 10 laptop but that's for work!
BobTheDog
Frequent Poster

Previous