You are here

Polyend Tracker

For fans of synths, pianos or keyboard instruments of any sort.

Re: Polyend Tracker

Postby thefruitfarmer » Sun Oct 11, 2020 10:03 am

Eddy Deegan wrote:
BobTheDog wrote:You should definitely get one, there is some sort of synchronicity going on here.

You and Eddy joined this forum on the same day, me a few months after.

I suspect we both joined before the date shown (I know I did). There was a forum change which reset a number of the 'joined' dates at the time and some of us had been around a while before that, but had not necessarily been prominent enough participants at that point to have our epochs preserved :-)

Ha ha

I think I joined about 2002 when forums were new and exciting with subgroups abounding on the forum pages.....

As for the Polyend Tracker - I would like something to control my rack monosynths, a decent hardware sequencer with the onboard sounds would seem to be just the thing and you can put it on the coffee table and write with it too.

The FM radio is interesting, probably to sample off those tuning in noises in between the stations which sound good in electronic music.

I can't really give it a priority at the moment though. Studio still in bits after a couple of years busy at work and college so should really get it up and running, sell off a few bits that I will never use and then decide what I need to record what I want to record...

Always find this place a great resource though :)
thefruitfarmer
Frequent Poster

Postby BobTheDog » Tue Oct 13, 2020 7:55 pm

Never managed to get anything but static on the radio on mine, don't know if it's busted or the signal is so weak here living on the south coast.
BobTheDog
Frequent Poster

Postby Eddy Deegan » Tue Oct 13, 2020 8:26 pm

Both of my Trackers seem fine on the radio front in Brighton. The Polyend uses the headphone cable as an aerial... are you using a shielded cable in the output?
Eddy Deegan
Some of my works
The 2nd SOS Forum Album project

Postby BobTheDog » Wed Oct 21, 2020 7:58 pm

I've tried a couple of cables (not shielded and cheap rubbish) and some headphones, I'll email them and see what they say...
BobTheDog
Frequent Poster

Previous