You are here

Sign of the times, your last big splash, what synth?

For fans of synths, pianos or keyboard instruments of any sort.

Re: Sign of the times, your last big splash, what synth?

Postby fatbenelton » Mon Apr 06, 2020 11:28 am

The Elf wrote:
fatbenelton wrote:I ordered (successfully it seems) a Korg Arp 2600
Good for you, mate! Let us know when it arrives!

Will do!
fatbenelton
Frequent Poster
Jonny

Postby Arpangel » Tue Apr 07, 2020 8:09 am

fatbenelton wrote:
The Elf wrote:
fatbenelton wrote:I ordered (successfully it seems) a Korg Arp 2600
Good for you, mate! Let us know when it arrives!

Will do!

No, please don’t, just don’t, OK?

:D :D :D
Arpangel
Frequent Poster (Level2)
https://anthonyflynn.bandcamp.com/album/toy-town

Postby Guido3 » Tue Apr 07, 2020 8:56 pm

Mine is a Wurly 200A (not a synth I know!!). Synth wise, I’m always quite tempted by a Moog of some
kind. (Sub 37)
Guido3
Frequent Poster
And Bagpuss, once he was asleep, was just a saggy old cloth cat.

Postby Arpangel » Thu Apr 09, 2020 5:44 pm

Guido3 wrote:Mine is a Wurly 200A (not a synth I know!!). Synth wise, I’m always quite tempted by a Moog of some
kind. (Sub 37)

I just love Wurly's too, but I’ve never come across one that didn’t have a fault of some kind, they can hum like crazy too.
A Moog, well, take your pick, they’re all good, Mini is a classic, but you may find yourself making all sorts of classic noises and not getting very far. I’ve just got a Grandmother, forget the price, it’s one of the best, it’s a great combination of the rich classic Moog sound, and really useful patch points, that enable you go really far out, it’s well worth checking out.
I know they’ve got the Matriarch now, but I'm not really into polyphonic Moog's, who needs more notes, when you’ve got such an interesting and rich tone to play with, it’s just a distraction.
Arpangel
Frequent Poster (Level2)

Postby Guido3 » Fri Apr 10, 2020 3:18 pm

Arpangel wrote:I just love Wurly's too, but I’ve never come across one that didn’t have a fault of some kind, they can hum like crazy too.

There’s a chap just up the road from me who refurbs Rhodes & Wurlys. He’s always got a few available but as they are in about as good a condition as you could hope for, they are not cheap. I keep telling myself it would be a great investment but Mrs Guido doesn’t agree!!! I’ll have to make do with the one in my Nord Piano for a bit longer.

I’m very taken by the Moog Sub 37/Subsequent 37. Probably down to the knobs and lights!! I don’t like the colour scheme on the Grandmother and the Matriarch. Which obviously effects the sound :roll:
Guido3
Frequent Poster
And Bagpuss, once he was asleep, was just a saggy old cloth cat.

Postby MOF » Fri Apr 10, 2020 8:16 pm

Arpangel wrote:
I just love Wurly's too, but I’ve never come across one that didn’t have a fault of some kind, they can hum like crazy too.

It hums does it? Reminds me of this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HgzEBLa3PPk
MOF
Frequent Poster

Postby Arpangel » Sat Apr 11, 2020 7:49 am

Guido3 wrote:
Arpangel wrote:I just love Wurly's too, but I’ve never come across one that didn’t have a fault of some kind, they can hum like crazy too.

There’s a chap just up the road from me who refurbs Rhodes & Wurlys. He’s always got a few available but as they are in about as good a condition as you could hope for, they are not cheap. I keep telling myself it would be a great investment but Mrs Guido doesn’t agree!!! I’ll have to make do with the one in my Nord Piano for a bit longer.

I’m very taken by the Moog Sub 37/Subsequent 37. Probably down to the knobs and lights!! I don’t like the colour scheme on the Grandmother and the Matriarch. Which obviously effects the sound :roll:

I know about the chap you’re talking about, but he’s so far away from me, not a good thing right now. And shipping something like an EP isn’t easy.
Colour scheme? I love my Grandmothers colours, it makes the sound so much fuller, brighter, radiant, dazzling, and generally much more technicolour to my ears...

:D
Arpangel
Frequent Poster (Level2)

Previous