You are here

The All-New Behringer Keyboards 'n' Stuff Thread

For fans of synths, pianos or keyboard instruments of any sort.

Re: The All-New Behringer Keyboards 'n' Stuff Thread

Postby DGL. » Mon Oct 19, 2020 5:55 pm

Price now confirmed on the Behringer FB

$599 Excl. Tax so probably the same price in pounds with tax.
DGL.
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1194
Joined: Fri Oct 28, 2011 12:00 am
Location: Portland, Dorset

Re: The All-New Behringer Keyboards 'n' Stuff Thread

Postby Arpangel » Mon Oct 19, 2020 6:16 pm

DGL. wrote:Price now confirmed on the Behringer FB

$599 Excl. Tax so probably the same price in pounds with tax.

For what?

:think:
User avatar
Arpangel
Jedi Poster
Posts: 5894
Joined: Sat Jul 12, 2003 12:00 am

Re: The All-New Behringer Keyboards 'n' Stuff Thread

Postby DGL. » Mon Oct 19, 2020 7:09 pm

Arpangel wrote:
DGL. wrote:Price now confirmed on the Behringer FB

$599 Excl. Tax so probably the same price in pounds with tax.

For what?

:think:

:headbang: The 2600 :headbang:
It's certainly been priced well, the KARP 2600 was ~£3,500 inc. VAT so this one (admitedly sans keyboard and tolex case) is ~£2,900 cheaper :shock:
DGL.
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1194
Joined: Fri Oct 28, 2011 12:00 am
Location: Portland, Dorset

Re: The All-New Behringer Keyboards 'n' Stuff Thread

Postby BJG145 » Mon Oct 19, 2020 7:48 pm

Wow. That's not bad.
User avatar
BJG145
Jedi Poster
Posts: 4701
Joined: Sat Aug 06, 2005 12:00 am

Re: The All-New Behringer Keyboards 'n' Stuff Thread

Postby Hugh Robjohns » Mon Oct 19, 2020 10:49 pm

Not bad? I think it's amazing they can build and ship it for that!
User avatar
Hugh Robjohns
Moderator
Posts: 29113
Joined: Fri Jul 25, 2003 12:00 am
Location: Worcestershire, UK
Technical Editor, Sound On Sound

Re: The All-New Behringer Keyboards 'n' Stuff Thread

Postby The Elf » Mon Oct 19, 2020 11:40 pm

Hugh Robjohns wrote:Not bad? I think it's amazing they can build and ship it for that!
+1

I think the demand for this one is going to outstrip supply for some time.
User avatar
The Elf
Jedi Poster
Posts: 15385
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2001 12:00 am
Location: Sheffield, UK
An Eagle for an Emperor, A Kestrel for a Knave.

Re: The All-New Behringer Keyboards 'n' Stuff Thread

Postby Arpangel » Tue Oct 20, 2020 6:45 am

DGL. wrote:
Arpangel wrote:
DGL. wrote:Price now confirmed on the Behringer FB

$599 Excl. Tax so probably the same price in pounds with tax.

For what?

:think:

:headbang: The 2600 :headbang:
It's certainly been priced well, the KARP 2600 was ~£3,500 inc. VAT so this one (admitedly sans keyboard and tolex case) is ~£2,900 cheaper :shock:

That’s absolutely crazy, it really is, and it’s changed my perception of it completely, I expected at least twice as much as that, I’m clearing a space for it ASAP, in fact, it’ll be perfect for my "pop-up" synth studio.
Do you think I care it's orange? No.
User avatar
Arpangel
Jedi Poster
Posts: 5894
Joined: Sat Jul 12, 2003 12:00 am

Re: The All-New Behringer Keyboards 'n' Stuff Thread

Postby Dave B » Tue Oct 20, 2020 8:47 am

Wow. OK, I'm sold. My theory was that if it was too expensive, I'd live with a kArp Oddy module, but this is kind of a no-brainer..
User avatar
Dave B
Jedi Poster
Posts: 5674
Joined: Thu Apr 03, 2003 12:00 am
Location: Maidenhead
Veni, Vidi, Aesculi (I came, I saw, I conkered)

Re: The All-New Behringer Keyboards 'n' Stuff Thread

Postby Arpangel » Tue Oct 20, 2020 9:11 am

What I’m worried about is how it will respond, and tolerate, feedback patching?
My favourite thing about the original was how it responded to feedback, connecting outputs to inputs, it was possible to get some great sounds that way, ones that were constantly changing, random stuff.
Maybe someone could enlighten on this, Behringer?

:think:
User avatar
Arpangel
Jedi Poster
Posts: 5894
Joined: Sat Jul 12, 2003 12:00 am

Re: The All-New Behringer Keyboards 'n' Stuff Thread

Postby The Elf » Tue Oct 20, 2020 10:32 am

As far as any of us know it's a circuit clone, so there's no reason it shouldn't behave in much the same way. Whether that means every quirky nuance responds precisely as the original is questionable - the feedback of the Model D, for instance, doesn't behave like my real MiniMoog. The lack of pitch bend in release was a far more serious problem for me, but when you're dealing with a fraction of the price of the real deal these sort of problems really aren't worth worrying about.

As long as the overall basic character is there, and it pretty much works as expected than there's not much to carp about. Even if it isn't 100% accurate you're potentially getting a very capable synth for the money.
User avatar
The Elf
Jedi Poster
Posts: 15385
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2001 12:00 am
Location: Sheffield, UK
An Eagle for an Emperor, A Kestrel for a Knave.

Re: The All-New Behringer Keyboards 'n' Stuff Thread

Postby Arpangel » Tue Oct 20, 2020 5:11 pm

The Elf wrote:As far as any of us know it's a circuit clone, so there's no reason it shouldn't behave in much the same way. Whether that means every quirky nuance responds precisely as the original is questionable - the feedback of the Model D, for instance, doesn't behave like my real MiniMoog. The lack of pitch bend in release was a far more serious problem for me, but when you're dealing with a fraction of the price of the real deal these sort of problems really aren't worth worrying about.

As long as the overall basic character is there, and it pretty much works as expected than there's not much to carp about. Even if it isn't 100% accurate you're potentially getting a very capable synth for the money.

One more thing, I’m worried the orange might not be exactly the original colour, oh yes, and those sliders are a bit of a stray from the originals, but lastly, and this is more important than anything else could ever be, the screws that held the faceplate, do they conform to the original thread size?

:D :D :D
User avatar
Arpangel
Jedi Poster
Posts: 5894
Joined: Sat Jul 12, 2003 12:00 am

Re: The All-New Behringer Keyboards 'n' Stuff Thread

Postby desmond » Tue Oct 20, 2020 5:16 pm

Image

;)
User avatar
desmond
Jedi Poster
Posts: 10698
Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2006 1:00 am
mu:zines | music magazine archive | difficultAudio

Re: The All-New Behringer Keyboards 'n' Stuff Thread

Postby BJG145 » Tue Oct 20, 2020 5:40 pm

I just had a strange idea of Arpangel when he was dating, he was completely infatuated but slightly concerned about the way they held their chopsticks during that romantic dinner at the Lee Ho Fook...
User avatar
BJG145
Jedi Poster
Posts: 4701
Joined: Sat Aug 06, 2005 12:00 am

Re: The All-New Behringer Keyboards 'n' Stuff Thread

Postby Martin Walker » Tue Oct 20, 2020 6:37 pm

BJG145 wrote:I just had a strange idea of Arpangel when he was dating, he was completely infatuated but slightly concerned about the way they held their chopsticks during that romantic dinner at the Lee Ho Fook...

...and that thought in turn gives me yet another image of Arpangel noodling on his synths :beamup:


Martin
User avatar
Martin Walker
Moderator
Posts: 16680
Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:44 am
Location: Cornwall, UK

Re: The All-New Behringer Keyboards 'n' Stuff Thread

Postby Eddy Deegan » Tue Oct 20, 2020 6:50 pm

Dave B wrote:Wow. OK, I'm sold. My theory was that if it was too expensive, I'd live with a kArp Oddy module, but this is kind of a no-brainer..

Yeah, I preordered one too ;)
User avatar
Eddy Deegan
Moderator
Posts: 5093
Joined: Wed Sep 01, 2004 12:00 am
Location: Brighton & Hove, UK
Some of my works
The 2nd SOS Forum Album project
 

PreviousNext