You are here

The All-New Behringer Keyboards 'n' Stuff Thread

For fans of synths, pianos or keyboard instruments of any sort.

Re: The All-New Behringer Keyboards 'n' Stuff Thread

Postby The Elf » Tue Oct 20, 2020 6:56 pm

Eddy Deegan wrote:
Dave B wrote:Wow. OK, I'm sold. My theory was that if it was too expensive, I'd live with a kArp Oddy module, but this is kind of a no-brainer..
Yeah, I preordered one too ;)
From where? My usual sources aren't taking orders.
The Elf
Jedi Poster
An Eagle for an Emperor, A Kestrel for a Knave.

Postby Eddy Deegan » Tue Oct 20, 2020 10:45 pm

The Elf wrote:
Eddy Deegan wrote:
Dave B wrote:Wow. OK, I'm sold. My theory was that if it was too expensive, I'd live with a kArp Oddy module, but this is kind of a no-brainer..

Sent you a PM.
Eddy Deegan
Some of my works
The 2nd SOS Forum Album project

Postby Arpangel » Wed Oct 21, 2020 9:25 am

BJG145 wrote:I just had a strange idea of Arpangel when he was dating, he was completely infatuated but slightly concerned about the way they held their chopsticks during that romantic dinner at the Lee Ho Fook...

You are right to a certain degree, if a woman has a tattoo, could be the smallest thing, anywhere on her body, I’m off, it's immediately a complete turn off, can’t go there, end of story. Could be the most beautiful woman I’ve ever seen, nope, it’s not happening.

Martin Walker wrote:
BJG145 wrote:I just had a strange idea of Arpangel when he was dating, he was completely infatuated but slightly concerned about the way they held their chopsticks during that romantic dinner at the Lee Ho Fook...

...and that thought in turn gives me yet another image of Arpangel noodling on his synths :beamup:

Martin

Martin, I never "noodle" every single organic free-range note I play is hand carved and pan fried in the finest extra virgin olive oil, and served lovingly, for the diner to savour and enjoy, the ultimate "gastro-sonic" experience.

:D :D :D

I’m still not opening my wallet for this 2600 and actually being able to buy a replica has suddenly revealed to me the exact reason why I would want a 2600.
Ultimately it’s because it’s a 2600, I’m not actually worried about the sound, or the price of either, the original, or the replica, I’ll look at the Berry, basically a £500 mono-synth, and think, I can get similar sounds on what I’ve got, plus, it’s not a 2600, looking at it won’t bring back all my lovely memories.
Arpangel
Jedi Poster

Postby Hugh Robjohns » Wed Oct 21, 2020 10:36 am

In just ten posts we've gone from:

Arpangel wrote:I’m clearing a space for it ASAP, in fact, it’ll be perfect for my "pop-up" synth studio.

To:

Arpangel wrote:I’m still not opening my wallet for this 2600...

I wonder what will go in that newly cleared space now! :lol:
Hugh Robjohns
Technical Editor, Sound On Sound

Postby Stephen Bennett » Wed Oct 21, 2020 10:52 am

Eddy Deegan wrote:
The Elf wrote:
Eddy Deegan wrote:

Sent you a PM.

Send us all one! :bouncy:

Stephen
Stephen Bennett
Regular
New: Galasphere 347 album 'Eponymous' Feat: Stephen Bennett, Ketil Vestrum Einarsen, Jacob Holm-Lupo, and Mattias Olsson

Postby BJG145 » Wed Oct 21, 2020 12:51 pm

Stephen Bennett wrote:
Eddy Deegan wrote:
The Elf wrote:
Eddy Deegan wrote:

Sent you a PM.

Send us all one! :bouncy:

Stephen

No I'm sorry Stephen, we've discussed it but we don't think we can spare one for you. :D

Never mind, this kit is still available if you're handy with a screwdriver.
BJG145
Jedi Poster

Postby Arpangel » Wed Oct 21, 2020 6:12 pm

Hugh Robjohns wrote:I wonder what will go in that newly cleared space now! :lol:

A bigger mixer...possibly digital, but I’m not sure.

:)
Arpangel
Jedi Poster

Postby BJG145 » Wed Oct 21, 2020 6:24 pm

Looks like Thomann will let you pop one of these in the basket now.

https://www.thomann.de/gb/behringer_260 ... &affid=175
BJG145
Jedi Poster

Postby MOF » Wed Oct 21, 2020 6:25 pm

I’m still not opening my wallet for this 2600 and actually being able to buy a replica has suddenly revealed to me the exact reason why I would want a 2600.
Ultimately it’s because it’s a 2600, I’m not actually worried about the sound, or the price of either, the original, or the replica, I’ll look at the Berry, basically a £500 mono-synth, and think, I can get similar sounds on what I’ve got, plus, it’s not a 2600, looking at it won’t bring back all my lovely memories.

Nostalgia’s not what it used to be! :lol:
MOF
Frequent Poster

Postby DGL. » Wed Oct 21, 2020 6:28 pm

Another update over on the Behringer FB page stating that teh RD-8 V2 firmware is now ready for public release and should be put on the website in the next few days.

Behringer FB wrote:RD-8 Firmware 2.0
We are very excited to announce that the new 2.0 firmware is now ready for public release. Not only have we fixed some known bugs, we've also added very cool new features plus the integration into our Synthtool platform for easy updates in the future.
We like to especially thank the many beta testers who tremendously helped with their diligent testing and great feature suggestions, many of which we managed to implement already. The rest will surely come with future firmware releases.
We'll publish the new firmware over the next few days, together with release notes and an updated manual.
Thanks for all your patience and support. The RD-8 has just been reinvented:-)

Also they are asking of we would like a ARP 2600 style keyboard controller to go with the 2600.
DGL.
Frequent Poster

Postby Arpangel » Wed Oct 21, 2020 6:36 pm

DGL. wrote:Also they are asking of we would like a ARP 2600 style keyboard controller to go with the 2600.

Yes please, and you might ask them to put it in a Tolex case, and to put the speakers and reverb back, it might make it more attractive to people like me, and all those that wish they could have bought the KARP, corners don’t have to be cut, come on, what’s another few hundred added to the price?
Arpangel
Jedi Poster

Postby jjlonbass » Wed Oct 21, 2020 6:37 pm

BJG145 wrote:Looks like Thomann will let you pop one of these in the basket now.

https://www.thomann.de/gb/behringer_260 ... &affid=175

I've just ordered one. Hopefully a nice birthday / Christmas present to myself.

John
jjlonbass
Poster

Postby The Elf » Wed Oct 21, 2020 6:43 pm

I'm never buying from Thomann again when there's a PSU involved. They send you a Euro plug and a very poorly built adapter - then when you explain that it's a legal requirement for UK suppliers to provide a UK plug they hide behind 'we're not a UK company'... despite calling themselves 'Thomann UK'. :thumbdown: :(
The Elf
Jedi Poster

Postby The Elf » Wed Oct 21, 2020 6:47 pm

Arpangel wrote:Yes please, and you might ask them to put it in a Tolex case, and to put the speakers and reverb back, it might make it more attractive to people like me, and all those that wish they could have bought the KARP, corners don’t have to be cut, come on, what’s another few hundred added to the price?
I wouldn't want these. A reverb that goes 'splosh!' and speakers that would be shamed by a 5 quid tranny radio - no thank you.

And they can keep the keyboard as well. This synth has MIDI! :headbang:
The Elf
Jedi Poster

Postby Arpangel » Wed Oct 21, 2020 6:54 pm

The Elf wrote:
Arpangel wrote:Yes please, and you might ask them to put it in a Tolex case, and to put the speakers and reverb back, it might make it more attractive to people like me, and all those that wish they could have bought the KARP, corners don’t have to be cut, come on, what’s another few hundred added to the price?
I wouldn't want these. A reverb that goes 'splosh!' and speakers that would be shamed by a 5 quid tranny radio - no thank you.

And they can keep the keyboard as well. This synth has MIDI! :headbang:

You’re right Elf, about Thomann, I’ve fallen victim to those naff adapters too REALLY BAD.
The reverb is great, you can use it as part of your patch, it comes into own when you feed it back, and the speakers were really useful, for portable programming.
Arpangel
Jedi Poster

PreviousNext