You are here

The All-New Behringer Keyboards 'n' Stuff Thread

For fans of synths, pianos or keyboard instruments of any sort.

Re: The All-New Behringer Keyboards 'n' Stuff Thread

Postby The Elf » Tue Oct 27, 2020 11:05 pm

Thanks for linking to that video, DGL. :thumbup:

Hmmm... :lol:

There's nothing about this design I don't like. If I'd been given the sketch pad on Day One I'd have pretty much drawn this. They could have ditched the reverb for me, but I suppose they were trying to satisfy those who like playing in empty water tanks. For me it's an insta-bypass - unless it also includes a delay. None of us can say much about the subtelties of the synth's sound based on this video, but at face value it certainly seems up to the job.

This is an incredible synth for the money. If any one of us had predicted this five years ago we would have been laughed out the door. This is one heck of a gift-horse grinning at us.

The only problem I foresee is going to be getting hold of one, at least for the near future!
The Elf
Jedi Poster
An Eagle for an Emperor, A Kestrel for a Knave.

Postby desmond » Tue Oct 27, 2020 11:20 pm

The Elf wrote:The only problem I foresee is going to be getting hold of one, at least for the near future!

At least this should be one synth they installed the correct amount of capacitors on... :o :lol: :blush:
desmond
Jedi Poster
mu:zines | music magazine archive | difficultAudio

Postby resistorman » Wed Oct 28, 2020 3:16 am

Arpangel wrote:
As I’ve said, for us oldies, that remember it the first time around, sound, isn’t everything, you’re missing the point.
“Nostalgia ain’t what it used to be...”
resistorman
Frequent Poster

Postby Arpangel » Wed Oct 28, 2020 8:30 am

resistorman wrote:
Arpangel wrote:
As I’ve said, for us oldies, that remember it the first time around, sound, isn’t everything, you’re missing the point.
“Nostalgia ain’t what it used to be...”

I know this is a strange thing to say, but actually, the sound, isn’t that important to me, as long as it’s "close enough" that’s fine, and it is completely like making a replica sports car, it’s no good messing about chopping bits off that "you" think aren’t necessary, to the person buying it they want the complete package, the performance, the look, and the feel, it’s the way it all interacts that makes the playing experience, or the driving experience, if that’s all not there then you may as well just get a software synth if all your after is a sound.
Arpangel
Jedi Poster

Postby The Elf » Wed Oct 28, 2020 9:41 am

Arpangel wrote:to the person buying it they want the complete package, the performance, the look, and the feel, it’s the way it all interacts that makes the playing experience, or the driving experience
This may be true for you, but not for not for most people, I would suggest. The sales figures seem to be already proving this from what I'm hearing.
The Elf
Jedi Poster

Postby DGL. » Wed Oct 28, 2020 10:47 am

Just a PCB render, but a Two Voice anyone?
(image from the Behringer FB page)

Guess getting into synths was a good investment for Behringer, bet the boss is very happy with what his team is doing (excluding the bloke who did the original FW for the RD-8/9 who is no longer employed by them).
It must be great to be a boss who can go "I want that, make it for me" which would normally result in an unsaleable product (like the VW Phaeton) but instead is a runaway hit!
DGL.
Frequent Poster

Postby nathanscribe » Wed Oct 28, 2020 12:44 pm

Yeah that looks like a two voice SEM thing with an 8-step sequencer on board.
nathanscribe
Frequent Poster

I have no idea what I'm doing.

Postby MOF » Wed Oct 28, 2020 1:19 pm

Arpangel wrote:then you may as well just get a software synth if all your after is a sound.

I really like having such good software instruments, effects and instant recall, plus the ability to have more than one of everything.
I still own quite a lot of rack mounted synths but they only get used when I want to load an old song to bounce down parts as audio. I’ll often use the midi to trigger soft synths and usually not use the original audio as I work to improve on the original song.
MOF
Frequent Poster

Postby Arpangel » Wed Oct 28, 2020 1:29 pm

MOF wrote:
Arpangel wrote:then you may as well just get a software synth if all your after is a sound.

I really like having such good software instruments, effects and instant recall, plus the ability to have more than one of everything.
I still own quite a lot of rack mounted synths but they only get used when I want to load an old song to bounce down parts as audio. I’ll often use the midi to trigger soft synths and usually not use the original audio as I work to improve on the original song.

Yes, I was blown away when ai got my first version of the Arturia 2600 and Moog Modular, literally changed my life, then I got Reaktor, and Reason, amazing.
That was in about 2006, since then I’ve become so passed off with hardware/OS/software obsolescence I’ve just ditched them, plus the restrictions on use, forget it.
That’s why I’ve drifted back to hardware, a bit of spare cash has enabled that, if not I’d still be on the computer.
I’ve got two computers that are a mirror of each other, both still loaded with all that synth stuff, but it hardly gets used these days.
Strange thing is, my musical output never seems to be affected by all these changes, it still keeps coming and seems OK to me, so maybe we all, put way too much emphasis on the importance of certain gear in the first place, if necessary, we can use, and get used to using anything.
Arpangel
Jedi Poster

Postby BJG145 » Wed Oct 28, 2020 9:06 pm

These look quite nice; handmade cases for the new Behringer 2600.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/324348108431

BJG145
Jedi Poster

Postby Arpangel » Wed Oct 28, 2020 9:42 pm

BJG145 wrote:These look quite nice; handmade cases for the new Behringer 2600.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/324348108431

Whew! It’s getting closer! We just need those speakers.

:D

Hang on! £275?

:D :D That’s almost over half of the purchase price just for the case!
Arpangel
Jedi Poster

Postby The Elf » Wed Oct 28, 2020 10:39 pm

Yep, I looked at it, thought 'nice enough', saw the price and... That 30 quid adjustable 'DJ rack' is looking a lot better to me now. :lol:
The Elf
Jedi Poster

Postby Arpangel » Thu Oct 29, 2020 8:51 am

The Elf wrote:Yep, I looked at it, thought 'nice enough', saw the price and... That 30 quid adjustable 'DJ rack' is looking a lot better to me now. :lol:

It does look good though, it’s amazing how just that case improves it sooo much.
Arpangel
Jedi Poster

Postby BJG145 » Thu Oct 29, 2020 9:18 am

...yes, I think it's not too bad really; good craftsmanship is never cheap...

Stick a French Connection on it and it would start to look the biz.

BJG145
Jedi Poster

Postby Arpangel » Thu Oct 29, 2020 9:22 am

BJG145 wrote:...yes, I think it's not too bad really; good craftsmanship is never cheap...

Yes, if I did buy one the case would not be an option, it’s a necessity.
Arpangel
Jedi Poster

PreviousNext