RD-8 new firmware, 2.0.4, is now live. Update is done via the new SYNTHTRIBE app, once in RD-8 section select update page and click update, the only reboot I needed was once the update was finished, it seems to put the RD-8 in updated mode automatically now which is good.
Behringer RD-8 Firmware Version 2.0.4 (09 Nov 2020)
1. Fixed the issue where MIDI out notes of note repeat were fixed to repeat 8.
2. Fix issue that adjusting swing value while playing may affect MIDI and TRIG SYNC. 3. Improved pattern auto-save. All the below pattern changes will now be auto saved with STEP RECORD on:
3.1. Step on/off by pressing STEP button
3.2. Press TRIGGER to set step on when playing
3.3. Note repeat live record
3.4. Set step on/off in RAND setting menu
3.5. Press STEP in pattern length setting
3.6. Sweep erase by Hold + VOICE button
3.7. Erasing all steps of selected voice by ERASE + VOICE button
3.8. Step copy 1-16 to 17-32 etc.
1. Lights off for the disabled voice of MUTE/SOLO/BUS SEND, when enabled they turn to solid red/white/pink.
2. Set step off steps to on when in note repeat live recording.
3. Use the 4 red LEDs (1, 2, 4, 8) above the note repeat buttons to show which note repeat value is recorded on a step depending on the voice selected.
4. Add sweep erase function, when playing in STEP MODE, hold TAP/HOLD then press voice button to remove steps from pattern.
5. When in STEP RECORD mode, hold ERASE then press voice button to delete all steps of the voice in pattern.
6. Support pattern changing to different songs while playing.
6.1. Enter SONG MODE
6.2. Hold TAP/HOLD button
6.3. Select Song with step button (1-16) to go to after current pattern has finished
6.4. The song step button you selected will flash white and the others will flash red, now select a pattern
6.5. When pattern is selected, the button will fast flash red until the selected song and pattern starts Note: this will break the song chain playing.
7. Auto save the chain song: in SONG mode with record enabled, press step button to select a chain song for current song, the chain song will be auto saved.
8. Support step size changing while playing.
Note: Updating from older firmware than V2.0.4, you may need to reboot RD-8 manually when asked.
To see the current firmware version:
1. Press SETTINGS.
2. Hold down the TAP/HOLD button while pressing step key 5.
The display will show the current version.
NOTE: PROB and FLAM are only set to off as default for all steps when a full factory reset has been completed (this is so you can keep previous patterns if required):
To reset to default factory settings:
1. Press settings.
2. Hold Tap/Hold and press step key 16.
3. The display will now say Wait.
4. When the factory reset is complete the display will show Done.
5. Now turn the unit on and off to complete the procedure.
1. Synthtool renamed SYNTHTRIBE.
2. Screen size fixed.
3. Minimize button added and command “W” to minimize supported.