You are here

The All-New Behringer Keyboards 'n' Stuff Thread

For fans of synths, pianos or keyboard instruments of any sort.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: The All-New Behringer Keyboards 'n' Stuff Thread

Postby The Elf » Sun Jan 10, 2021 2:23 pm

Multi-colour LEDs. That's the killer feature.
User avatar
The Elf
Jedi Poster
Posts: 15824
Joined: Mon Aug 13, 2001 11:00 pm
Location: Sheffield, UK
An Eagle for an Emperor, A Kestrel for a Knave.

Re: The All-New Behringer Keyboards 'n' Stuff Thread

Postby DGL. » Thu Jan 14, 2021 11:47 am

From Behringer FB: Assembling a new prototype :o Me want!

Image
DGL.
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1252
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2011 11:00 pm
Location: Portland, Dorset

Re: The All-New Behringer Keyboards 'n' Stuff Thread

Postby Hugh Robjohns » Thu Jan 14, 2021 11:51 am

Still waiting for a DS80 here.... :think:
User avatar
Hugh Robjohns
Moderator
Posts: 29651
Joined: Thu Jul 24, 2003 11:00 pm
Location: Worcestershire, UK
Technical Editor, Sound On Sound

Re: The All-New Behringer Keyboards 'n' Stuff Thread

Postby DGL. » Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:15 pm

Hugh Robjohns wrote:Still waiting for a DS80 here.... :think:

I'm guessing we'll see the Ub-Xa and DS-80 in quick succession as I would assume they have similar firmware and the idea is that they want to get the firmware fully sorted for the Ub-Xa before they get too far on the DS-80.
Of course a VCS3 is a much simpler synth than a CS-80 so development time will be much shorter, plus with synth teams in multiple countries (at least china, UK, Germany, Italy and Japan) I would assume the UK team will be on the DS-80 alongside the Ub-Xa so the release of other synths is not of much concern
DGL.
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1252
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2011 11:00 pm
Location: Portland, Dorset

Re: The All-New Behringer Keyboards 'n' Stuff Thread

Postby Hugh Robjohns » Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:21 pm

Interesting point...

I did wonder if part of the delay with the DS was due to re-making all the custom IGxxx chips for the oscillators and filters etc.
User avatar
Hugh Robjohns
Moderator
Posts: 29651
Joined: Thu Jul 24, 2003 11:00 pm
Location: Worcestershire, UK
Technical Editor, Sound On Sound

Re: The All-New Behringer Keyboards 'n' Stuff Thread

Postby DGL. » Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:31 pm

Hugh Robjohns wrote:Interesting point...

I did wonder if part of the delay with the DS was due to re-making all the custom IGxxx chips for the oscillators and filters etc.

Given AFAIK we have only seen renders so far I would guess that it's still a while off, I guess if they can get some of the chips used in the CS-80 then they can de-cap them so they can remanufacture them then that would be handy, probably wouldn't even matter that they are destroying very rare chips that are needed to repair CS-80's as I would guess Coolaudio clones would work in the originals and as such would actually be a positive thing for CS-80 owners.
DGL.
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1252
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2011 11:00 pm
Location: Portland, Dorset

Re: The All-New Behringer Keyboards 'n' Stuff Thread

Postby N i g e l » Thu Jan 14, 2021 10:12 pm

I think they would have done the chips first. After testing, they could then protoytpe with them ?

No sign of the PPG either...
N i g e l
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1312
Joined: Sun Aug 12, 2018 1:40 pm
Location: British Isles

Re: The All-New Behringer Keyboards 'n' Stuff Thread

Postby DGL. » Fri Jan 15, 2021 8:18 am

N i g e l wrote:I think they would have done the chips first. After testing, they could then protoytpe with them ?

No sign of the PPG either...
Though there was a prototype BBG so that something, plus they have got Hermann Seib on board so it's pretty much going to be a guaranteed success.

As for the VCS 3 more pictures have emerged today, sorry Elf there is no internal PSU :frown:

And pictures of an assembled prototype have appeared on the Behringer FB page with some more info, naturally it's all analogue but they have added some extras in combination with a UK VCS modder so that sounds promising, plus it's a real wood case and yes it does have a real spring reverb inside.
Shaping up to be a real winner.
Image
DGL.
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1252
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2011 11:00 pm
Location: Portland, Dorset

Re: The All-New Behringer Keyboards 'n' Stuff Thread

Postby Arpangel » Fri Jan 15, 2021 8:36 am

DGL. wrote:
N i g e l wrote:I think they would have done the chips first. After testing, they could then protoytpe with them ?

No sign of the PPG either...
Though there was a prototype BBG so that something, plus they have got Hermann Seib on board so it's pretty much going to be a guaranteed success.

As for the VCS 3 more pictures have emerged today, sorry Elf there is no internal PSU :frown:

And pictures of an assembled prototype have appeared on the Behringer FB page with some more info, naturally it's all analogue but they have added some extras in combination with a UK VCS modder so that sounds promising, plus it's a real wood case and yes it does have a real spring reverb inside.
Shaping up to be a real winner.
Image

Beautiful, if it ends up like this I’d pre-order one today.
User avatar
Arpangel
Jedi Poster
Posts: 6422
Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2003 11:00 pm

Re: The All-New Behringer Keyboards 'n' Stuff Thread

Postby BJG145 » Fri Jan 15, 2021 9:05 am

Arpangel wrote:Beautiful, if it ends up like this I’d pre-order one today.

Arpangel, LOL. We've been through this before. :D ;)
User avatar
BJG145
Jedi Poster
Posts: 4866
Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2005 11:00 pm

Re: The All-New Behringer Keyboards 'n' Stuff Thread

Postby The Elf » Fri Jan 15, 2021 9:36 am

DGL. wrote:As for the VCS 3 more pictures have emerged today, sorry Elf there is no internal PSU :frown:
:lol:
There's not much they could have done to make me less interested in it, but adding a spring reverb and an external PSU are two good ways.

Not one for me.
User avatar
The Elf
Jedi Poster
Posts: 15824
Joined: Mon Aug 13, 2001 11:00 pm
Location: Sheffield, UK
An Eagle for an Emperor, A Kestrel for a Knave.

Re: The All-New Behringer Keyboards 'n' Stuff Thread

Postby Eddy Deegan » Fri Jan 15, 2021 10:40 am

In light of my earlier protestations about the Keystep ripoff, here's what the money I was going to spend on the Behringer 2600 clone went towards in the end:

Image

:D :angel:
User avatar
Eddy Deegan
Moderator
Posts: 5366
Joined: Tue Aug 31, 2004 11:00 pm
Location: Brighton & Hove, UK
Some of my works
The SOS Forum Album projects
 

Re: The All-New Behringer Keyboards 'n' Stuff Thread

Postby Hugh Robjohns » Fri Jan 15, 2021 10:48 am

Arpangel wrote:Beautiful, if it ends up like this I’d pre-order one today.

It's like Groundhog day.... :silent: :shifty: :think: :lol:
User avatar
Hugh Robjohns
Moderator
Posts: 29651
Joined: Thu Jul 24, 2003 11:00 pm
Location: Worcestershire, UK
Technical Editor, Sound On Sound

Re: The All-New Behringer Keyboards 'n' Stuff Thread

Postby BillB » Fri Jan 15, 2021 11:58 am

Hugh Robjohns wrote:
Arpangel wrote:Beautiful, if it ends up like this I’d pre-order one today.

It's like Groundhog day.... :silent: :shifty: :think: :lol:

"It's a doozie!" :mrgreen: (one of the memorable lines from a great film)
BillB
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1114
Joined: Sun Apr 06, 2003 11:00 pm
Location: East Yorkshire

Re: The All-New Behringer Keyboards 'n' Stuff Thread

Postby BillB » Fri Jan 15, 2021 12:01 pm

Eddy Deegan wrote:In light of my earlier protestations about the Keystep ripoff, here's what the money I was going to spend on the Behringer 2600 clone went towards in the end:

Image

:D :angel:

Wow! Righteous moral indignation leads to copious synth module purchase....

Must try asserting the moral high ground with Mrs B.
Not sure it will work out well for me, somehow. :headbang:
BillB
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1114
Joined: Sun Apr 06, 2003 11:00 pm
Location: East Yorkshire

PreviousNext