You are here

The All-New Behringer Keyboards 'n' Stuff Thread

For fans of synths, pianos or keyboard instruments of any sort.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: The All-New Behringer Keyboards 'n' Stuff Thread

Postby DGL. » Sat Feb 27, 2021 10:48 pm

Well there is the following post from Jamie Munro over on GS in teh DS-80 thread when someone asked if it was real, noting that Jamie has been helping out with RD-8 firmware/beta testing and other things, so gets "information". although I must state that he is not employed by or has received any payment from Behringer/MT.

Jamie Munroe on GS wrote:
it's real

some of its tech is also acting as a donor for other projects, as said above this is a huge task, can't say more than that really

ftr the long advanced mentions are becoming a thing of the past, so the whole 2-3 year wait will no longer be a thing thankfully, big ships turn slowly but they still turn

I hope this makes you a bit happier Hugh!
DGL.
Frequent Poster

Postby Hugh Robjohns » Sat Feb 27, 2021 10:53 pm

The shared technology makes a lot of sense... I just hope the wait isn't too long, and it lives up to expectations.
Hugh Robjohns
Technical Editor, Sound On Sound
In my world, things get less strange when I read the manual... 

Postby Logarhythm » Sun Feb 28, 2021 10:35 am

The year is 2987. The ghosts of long-departed SOS members gather on page 3738295 of the All-New All-New Behringer Keyboards thread, eagerly awaiting news of the DS80 that is finally due to be announced today.

Current members of the forum look on the ghosts with some confusion, but tolerate the long-standing quirk of the synth section. Hardware interfaces were replaced by direct brainwave interfaces many centuries ago, and keyboards are a strange anachronism, barely remembered from a bygone age. The forum pities the ghosts and, retaining the good-natured ethos for which it was always known, the AI moderator (HughBot v3.7) has allowed the thread to continue running.

There is dismay as the device is finally shared in all its glory – the poly-AT works, but most are underwhelmed as the great announcement reveals that it is attached to a single, monophonic DS80 voice, in a unit with 17 mini keys (and of course, external PSU). It is rumoured that the ghosts agreed to haunt Behringer analogue synths in revenge, and not a single one of their devices ever stayed in tune again…
Logarhythm
Frequent Poster
Location: On an intergalactic voyage to collect fresh electrons

Postby DGL. » Sun Feb 28, 2021 11:56 am

Logarhythm wrote:The year is 2987. The ghosts of long-departed SOS members gather on page 3738295 of the All-New All-New Behringer Keyboards thread, eagerly awaiting news of the DS80 that is finally due to be announced today.

Current members of the forum look on the ghosts with some confusion, but tolerate the long-standing quirk of the synth section. Hardware interfaces were replaced by direct brainwave interfaces many centuries ago, and keyboards are a strange anachronism, barely remembered from a bygone age. The forum pities the ghosts and, retaining the good-natured ethos for which it was always known, the AI moderator (HughBot v3.7) has allowed the thread to continue running.

There is dismay as the device is finally shared in all its glory – the poly-AT works, but most are underwhelmed as the great announcement reveals that it is attached to a single, monophonic DS80 voice, in a unit with 17 mini keys (and of course, external PSU). It is rumoured that the ghosts agreed to haunt Behringer analogue synths in revenge, and not a single one of their devices ever stayed in tune again…

Come on now this is being recreated by Behringer, not Korg, Roland or Yamaha!
DGL.
Frequent Poster

Postby Folderol » Sun Feb 28, 2021 12:29 pm

Exactly! So still no floppy drive for preset storage :?
Folderol
Jedi Poster
Yes. I am that Linux nut.
Onwards and... err... sideways!

Postby BJG145 » Sun Feb 28, 2021 12:43 pm

Logarhythm wrote:The year is 2987. The ghosts of long-departed SOS members gather on page 3738295 of the All-New All-New Behringer Keyboards thread, eagerly awaiting news of the DS80 that is finally due to be announced today.

Brilliant.
BJG145
Jedi Poster

Postby The Elf » Sun Feb 28, 2021 12:55 pm

Well at least, as a ghost, you know that Roland aren't going to chase you... :D
The Elf
Jedi Poster
An Eagle for an Emperor, A Kestrel for a Knave.

Postby Hugh Robjohns » Sun Feb 28, 2021 1:40 pm

I like the idea of a Hughbot AI moderator... I'll be raising the idea with the SOS web developers Tomorrow! :lol:
Hugh Robjohns

Postby Martin Walker » Sun Feb 28, 2021 7:42 pm

Hugh Robjohns wrote:I like the idea of a Hughbot AI moderator... I'll be raising the idea with the SOS web developers Tomorrow! :lol:

You're NOT already automated Hugh?

I've always assumed that only a robot could type that fast yet not include any gibberish in their replies ;)

Martin
Martin Walker

Postby Hugh Robjohns » Sun Feb 28, 2021 8:40 pm

:lol: you say the nicest things... You get to keep the SOS Mankini for an extra month.... :wave:
Hugh Robjohns

Postby Arpangel » Mon Mar 01, 2021 8:34 am

2987? there will always be an Arpangel equivalent on this forum, in the future you’ll see his ghost walking down the dusty corridors of SOS plucking his spring reverbs and stroking his wooden end cheeks.
Arpangel
Jedi Poster

Postby ManFromGlass » Mon Mar 01, 2021 7:53 pm

must not reply, must not reply, back away from the submit button
:lol:
ManFromGlass
Jedi Poster

Postby Arpangel » Tue Mar 02, 2021 11:35 am

ManFromGlass wrote:must not reply, must not reply, back away from the submit button
:lol:

Good idea, go and look at some snow instead.

:D :D :D
Arpangel
Jedi Poster

Postby Dave B » Fri Mar 05, 2021 10:18 pm

Interesting news on the OB-Xa that they are beta'ing. It looks like they have lost their copyright / trademark application for the name 'Oberheim' for the simple reason that everyone knows it's Tom's name and that it wouldn't be right to try and trademark that. He is too associated with Oberheim music products it seems.

I didn't realise that Gibson 'did the right thing' and gave him his name back a while ago. I knew that Yamaha had done it with Sequential/Dave Smith. Always good to see the big boys playing nicely.

The article I saw also mentioned that Dave Smith / Sequential had an application for OB-X as well but no further info on whether this is a genuine name of an upcoming product or just a blocking move against Behringer. I do hope it's the former but can understand if it's the latter.
Dave B
Jedi Poster
Veni, Vidi, Aesculi (I came, I saw, I conkered)

Postby blinddrew » Fri Mar 05, 2021 10:24 pm

Dave B wrote:...or just a blocking move against Behringer.
That's not how it works. You might be able to register it, but unless you're actually using it in trade then you'd be wide open to having it invalidated.
blinddrew
Jedi Poster
Ignore the post count, I have no idea what I'm doing...

PreviousNext