You are here

The All-New Behringer Keyboards 'n' Stuff Thread

Page 42 of 53

Re: The All-New Behringer Keyboards 'n' Stuff Thread

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2021 1:39 pm
by The Elf
Wow! :clap:

I'll be fascinated to hear what you do with that system, Eddy. I don't 'get' these recent Moog modules. :?

Re: The All-New Behringer Keyboards 'n' Stuff Thread

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2021 2:42 pm
by Arpangel
Hugh Robjohns wrote:
Arpangel wrote:Beautiful, if it ends up like this I’d pre-order one today.

It's like Groundhog day.... :silent: :shifty: :think: :lol:

Hugh, I'm having one, no doubt about it, I don’t care how much it costs, or how it sounds, I’ll just have it somewhere nice, where it can be admired, and I can dig out some ostrich feathers and pretend to be Brian Eno.

:angel:

Re: The All-New Behringer Keyboards 'n' Stuff Thread

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2021 6:00 pm
by DGL.
New versions of the 2600 announced, the Blue Marvin and Grey Meanie. Supposedly not just a rehousing of the 2600 but has select components, single colour fader LED's and a real spring reverb (the manual was right!). $699.

Video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MSeN7_VUtuY

Re: The All-New Behringer Keyboards 'n' Stuff Thread

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2021 6:15 pm
by resistorman
Eddy Deegan wrote:In light of my earlier protestations about the Keystep ripoff, here's what the money I was going to spend on the Behringer 2600 clone went towards in the end:

Image

:D :angel:
Nice rig! I was admiring the idea of all the jacks on one side and then noticed the lone MIDI jack at bottom left. I guess you could use an angled plug...

Re: The All-New Behringer Keyboards 'n' Stuff Thread

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2021 7:07 pm
by Arpangel
DGL. wrote:New versions of the 2600 announced, the Blue Marvin and Grey Meanie. Supposedly not just a rehousing of the 2600 but has select components, single colour fader LED's and a real spring reverb (the manual was right!). $699.

Video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MSeN7_VUtuY

OK, I give in, I’ll get one, the Blue Marvin. Is there going to be a shortage? If so do I need to put in a pre-order?

Re: The All-New Behringer Keyboards 'n' Stuff Thread

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2021 7:59 pm
by The Elf
DGL. wrote:New versions of the 2600 announced, the Blue Marvin and Grey Meanie.
Cue the hoards saying how they sound nothing like the originals! :lol:

DGL. wrote:single colour fader LED's and a real spring reverb
Where's a facepalm when you need it? :roll: :lol: :headbang:

Re: The All-New Behringer Keyboards 'n' Stuff Thread

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2021 9:41 pm
by ajay_m
I was somewhat shocked to hear about Behringer suing Dave Smith a while back because of apparently disparaging remarks made by one of their people about Behringer copying other products. They lost the case but left DS with a huge legal bill. That's the kind of thing to be honest that makes me boycott companies.

Re: The All-New Behringer Keyboards 'n' Stuff Thread

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2021 10:13 am
by Arpangel
ajay_m wrote:I was somewhat shocked to hear about Behringer suing Dave Smith a while back because of apparently disparaging remarks made by one of their people about Behringer copying other products. They lost the case but left DS with a huge legal bill. That's the kind of thing to be honest that makes me boycott companies.

Why!!!!!???? That's crazy, what on earth would Behringer have to gain? "they" "owe" DSI FFS!

:crazy:

Re: The All-New Behringer Keyboards 'n' Stuff Thread

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2021 10:40 am
by DGL.
To be honest no company in their right mind would sit back whilst an employee of another company makes disparaging remarks about them, it's simply not something that is tolerated.
Healthy competition is fine and should be actively encouraged, healthy competition is not, however, talking crap about competitors publicly.

Re: The All-New Behringer Keyboards 'n' Stuff Thread

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2021 10:48 am
by Arpangel
DGL. wrote:To be honest no company in their right mind would sit back whilst an employee of another company makes disparaging remarks about them, it's simply not something that is tolerated.
Healthy competition is fine and should be actively encouraged, healthy competition is not, however, talking crap about competitors publicly.

In principal I agree, but people who live in glass houses.....

:)

Re: The All-New Behringer Keyboards 'n' Stuff Thread

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2021 11:57 am
by ajay_m
The discussion I believe was over a cable tester Behringer made that could only be described as uncannily similar to another manufacturer's product, to say the least (and we've seen some recent form on this haven't we, Arturia not entirely impressed right now).

As such the comments seemed reasonable and indeed the case was thrown out, so, no, I'm afraid I don't agree. Have a look on the internet and you can find the details. Very interesting reading.

Re: The All-New Behringer Keyboards 'n' Stuff Thread

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2021 1:14 pm
by Eddy Deegan
ajay_m wrote:The discussion I believe was over a cable tester Behringer made that could only be described as uncannily similar to another manufacturer's product

The Ebtech Swizz Army:

Image

The Behringer CT100:

Image

Shocking isn't it? :roll:

Re: The All-New Behringer Keyboards 'n' Stuff Thread

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2021 2:15 pm
by John Stafford
Behringer trying to silence Gearslutz posters using the courts was the last straw for me. I'm not interested in anything they make. There are plenty of alternatives that I want more anyway, so it's an easy decision for me. Except for the VC340...

Re: The All-New Behringer Keyboards 'n' Stuff Thread

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2021 2:17 pm
by Hugh Robjohns
:lol: There's always an ...except...

Re: The All-New Behringer Keyboards 'n' Stuff Thread

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2021 2:56 pm
by ManFromGlass
yup that’s the problem.
In my perfect world there would be a law that says the bigger your company, the more accountable you are to the planet and your fellow humans. Plus legally your asshat factor must decrease proportionally to the number of zeros on your year end balance.
Total fantasy.